Firefox assosiations, and check disk on each boot?

Hey guys,

I re-did my unattended DVD as I left out a few options the time before which were needed for the free Visual Studio 2005 beta I downloaded from Microsoft.

I used nlite to integrate SP2, add RyanVM's 1.05 update pack and also selected all the tweaks like told by RyanVM in nlite to support the hacked files. I also removed some stuff from windows but none of the stuff highlighted with caution (in red within nlite).

I then added my drivers using the Pnp drivers method, and then my installs and reg tweaks ran from cmdlines.txt and runonceEX. All my installs went fine and all my drivers are installed fine but there are a few problems.

My first problem is that when I reboot my computer or turn it on, it wants to do a check disk all the time on drive G :/, Where is the command stored to tell windows to do a check disk on next boot, as I want to remove it manually for the time being. Is it in the registry or is it added to boot.ini?

I think the next one could go into application installs, but its a windows thing as the install is fine and works just the cmd is doing nothing. So sorry if you feel its in the wrong forum mods.

One is that since adding the 1.05 update pack (thats all I think I changed since it was last working) the assosiations for firefox are no longer set.

I installed firefox making my own installer by editing the config.ini and packed it using winrar sfx. After that, the extraction is called and firefox installs, and then my profile is copied over which all works fine. Then firefox.cmd is run to set my assosiations and default browser but HTML files are now showing up with the unknown program icon

:( .

Firefox.cmd

@echo off
cmdow @ /HID
REM Variables
FOR %%A IN ("%PROGRAMFILES%") DO SET SHORTPF=%%~sA
REM FIREFOX
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /V "Check_Associations" /D "no" /F
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /V "ShowedCheckBrowser" /D "yes" /F
REG ADD "HKU\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /V "Check_Associations" /D "no" /F
REG ADD "HKU\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /V "ShowedCheckBrowser" /D "yes" /F

REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet" /VE /D "FIREFOX.EXE" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet" /VE /D "FIREFOX.EXE" /F
REG ADD "HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet" /VE /D "FIREFOX.EXE" /F

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.htm" /VE /D "FirefoxHTML" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.html" /VE /D "FirefoxHTML" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\FirefoxHTML\DefaultIcon" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE,1" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\FirefoxHTML\shell\open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE -url \"%%1\"" /F

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.xpi\DefaultIcon" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE,1" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.xpi\shell\open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE -install-global-extension \"%%1\"" /F
REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.jar" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.jar\DefaultIcon" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE,1" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.jar\shell\open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE -install-global-extension \"%%1\"" /F

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\ftp\DefaultIcon" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE,1" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\ftp\shell\open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE -url \"%%1\"" /F
REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\ftp\shell\open\ddeexec" /F

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\gopher\DefaultIcon" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE,1" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\gopher\shell\open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE -url \"%%1\"" /F
REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\gopher\shell\open\ddeexec" /F

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\http\DefaultIcon" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE,1" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\http\shell\open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE -url \"%%1\"" /F
REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\http\shell\open\ddeexec" /F

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\https\DefaultIcon" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE,1" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\https\shell\open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE -url \"%%1\"" /F
REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\https\shell\open\ddeexec" /F

It is 100% called correctly during RunonceEX and Ive even ran it manually in windows after its all setup.

Any help would be appreciated :)

code loooks ok

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.htm" /VE /D "FirefoxHTML" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.html" /VE /D "FirefoxHTML" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\FirefoxHTML\DefaultIcon" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE,1"

try to run the cmd now and tell me if icon was restored :unsure:

Hey SiMoNsAyS, thanks for taking a look at the thread

but still a no go :(

Internet shortcuts use the firefox icon, but HTML files themselves dont :(

Below is a picture of a directory with some web design files that im currently making.

Many thanks, im nlitieing another CD as we speak and hopefully another attempt will solve it

post-70-1107963859_thumb.jpg

how about

Firefox.exe -silent -nosplash -setDefaultBrowser

?

firefox association works fine for me. only Thunderbird has a bug with the equivalent command

Thunderbird.exe -silent -nosplash -setDefaultMail

sorrowly, which makes a small window staying on the desktop.

a little workaround:

START /MIN %ProgramFiles%\Mozilla\Firefox\Firefox.exe -silent -nosplash -setDefaultBrowser
START /MIN %ProgramFiles%\Mozilla\Thunderbird\Thunderbird.exe -silent -nosplash -setDefaultMail
PING 127.0.0.1 -n 10>NUL
TASKKILL /F /IM Firefox.exe
TASKKILL /F /IM Thunderbird.exe

in case you're asking what the PING does there. it is used to delay the batch for about 10 seconds so the apps have a timeframe to load and do their work. the taskkill for firefox isnt really needed as it quits itself but just to be sure... ;)

what if you go to 'Set Programs Access and Defaults' and check Firefox, does that make any difference?  you might want to record the registry changes that occur during this.

I tried this, but was a no go either.

START /MIN %ProgramFiles%\Mozilla\Firefox\Firefox.exe -silent -nosplash -setDefaultBrowser
START /MIN %ProgramFiles%\Mozilla\Thunderbird\Thunderbird.exe -silent -nosplash -setDefaultMail
PING 127.0.0.1 -n 10>NUL
TASKKILL /F /IM Firefox.exe
TASKKILL /F /IM Thunderbird.exe

Thanks i will try this now.

Yes it only seems to haven after 1.05 upgrade, thats the only thing i hhave changed. Oh well, there is a solution.