Need a place to toss your images?

durex

After years of posting in various forums, I always found it annoying that I had to find a place to put my images so that other could view them.. So a few years back I started putting together a 'Tech Site' and as part of it added a image hosting section...

Ive since taken down the Tech site, but left the image hosting due to its popularity...

Feel free to take advantage of it everyone...

http://www.dynamic-innovations.net or http://www.d-i.net for you lazy folk.

I get enough help here that I figured it would be the least I could do. Admins, feel free to sticky if youd like as well...

some questions,

1. How long do you store the images before deleting them -1 month???

2. It would be nice if you cud make provisions to email the link to the uploaders account.

3. Do you store the uploaders ip address or somthin, cuz most upload sites do.

4. Tip: also provide a delete link so that the uploared can delete images not required. will save u r server space.

5. and plz delete this file, i just uploaded it as a test http://www.dynamic-innovations.net/uploads/project.jpg :whistle:

overall the uploads fast and the links cool, not complex n garbled like some sites.

How long do you store the images before deleting them -1 month???
There up as long as my site up and running... which is at least another 8-9 months before I have to renew.
It would be nice if you cud make provisions to email the link to the uploaders account.
Im not messing around with accounts and dont plan on making any changes to this, sorry...
Do you store the uploaders ip address or somthin, cuz most upload sites do.
Nope. Ive got no need for it.
Tip: also provide a delete link so that the uploared can delete images not required. will save u r server space

Ive got more than enough space.. and if it ever starts to become an issue, Ill start deleting oldest images 1st... again, Ive had this up for about 3 years now.

and plz delete this file, i just uploaded it as a test
I dont plan on doing any maintenance on this.. so if you dont want an image on there.. dont post it :)
what happens if 2 images are titled the same

Give it a shot and see :). It simply adds a number to it.. if it already as a number, it increments it.. the link will be updated accordingly.

it'd be nice if it made thumbnails too
Yea.. I realize this.. and it was once a plan of mine to do so.. but as you can see the sites been pretty neglected and I dont have a whole lot of time to invest in it anymore :}
Well, its nice of you to do this, but why not post it where image hosting is most likely to be needed?

For the main reason I posted it to begin with.. I use it so I can include screenshots in my howtos or images of error messages.. it can be used for whatever you want! Which is why I thought it to be more appropriate for the 'General' section.

I like it! Only one sug though,... would be really cool/handy if you could possibly make it so the user could upload more than one picure at a time - like 2-4.

But other than that, thanks for sharing your Webspace with us. :) B) :thumbup