How do I silently install Logitech's Setpoint 2.22

Sgt_Strider

I need help to install this driver for my Logitech Dinovo. If anyone here can help me that would be greatly appreciated.

PLEASE SEARCH!

It has been covered before...

Bashrat, I searched with the all dates function on and I didn't find any relevant posts. If you found one, please link it to me.

I'll do a search...

1. silent install

Ok...now I got the Problem...the new version 2.14 is out and this one you can extract and first use the -R and then the -s switch. So now it works smile.gif
http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...221&hl=setpoint

2. preconfigure settings

The idea I first posted works perfect for me.

Just copy your user.xml file from the application data folder on your new install and after the reboot Setpoint uses this settings.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...791&hl=setpoint

I hope this works for you. BTW... It took only 3 mins or so to find it...

Edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky

The new version 2.22 can't be extracted with WinRar any more, but for my Logitech MX1000 2.14 is the newest version and I don't have ANY problems with it, so if you got any questions, let me know.

BTW, what Logitech Hardware do you have?

If you got MX 1000 use version 2.14!

Shouldnt you still be able to do it because you are recording the installation after all.

@Dynaletik

I didnt see that other thread after you replied, good job on finding the .xml file.

I looked into the xml file and you can see some application overide features. One thing that annoys me about this mouse. In games, to use the extra buttons I have to change the buttons to keypresses (like a letter or nuber) and then bind a action to that number in the games config.

But doing it this way looses the cruise scroll function in windows and stuff.

But maybe you can create custom application overisde strings in the .xml document so when in hl2.exe the mouse button will do something else.

• 3 months later...

Now, the new version 2.31 of the Setpoint Software is out. It can't be extracted with WinRar. How can I get the silent Install now? WinRar was able to extract Version 2.14. Then it worked fine. Does anyone know, how to get the files from this package?

uhm, this is what I get with setpoint 2.31 (see attached file).

And if you check the ini files, there is no reference to data2.cab, only to data1.cab and engine32.cab (ofcourse other files, but these are the cab files). So maybe data2.cab is not needed?

files.txt

It is needed. When I try installing with the files that are extracted to Temp folder, the setup appears, but when I try to install, it asks for the file data2.cab. So Setup extracts it after extracting the other files.

No. The setup file is 28 MB. The files in Temp directory are only 1,5 MB. The setup definitively does not extract the file data2.cab to temp directory. I will contact Logitech and ask them how to get it installed silently.