motherboards, cases, and building your own desktop

ripken204

LOL...Well like I said....Lucky.....Most of what I heard about Dell was nightmare tech support stories and a complete lack of upgradability. I did take apart one Dell a few years ago, a 1.4 P4 Dimension something or other, for a friend who wanted to add a better video card and it was too big to fit in the slot. The pin out was okay but there was no room because of the board layout. It also only had 2 PCI slots. It was remebering that system and hearing about the lousy tech support stories that turned me off of them. I still say building your own is better in the long run but, I've been wrong many times before! :D

when u learn how to use the edit button i will reply. why are u wasting MSFN resources? why can't u edit instead of posting and posting?

be a good boy and combine the 3 threads above.

www.slickdeals.net

www.techbargains.com

Edited by Astalavista

okay, i will start to use the edit button from now on

like right now:

i have calculated most of this out and it is going to be about 65$ higher than the original price b/c of shipping, with all of the items so far there is no tax

-now if some1 can delete those 2 wasteful posts, it wuld be appreciated

and what exactly am i looking for on those websites?

and what exactly am i looking for on those websites?

where can i buy the SOHW - 1653S or the SOHW - 1673S

and another thing, this has a build in tv tuner, but where do i connect or with what cable to i connect to the tuner?

LINK

also some cheap ddr2, where can i get it?

and check out my updated specs

LINK

ripken, as before we suggest you start reading up on your component specifications what is and is not included with it. You have to do this.. it's for 'Your' own good.

Sorry m8, but if you do not know if you need fans for your case I would not suggest building your own. We tried helping you but it seems your not doing your homework. Get the PC that is already setup from Dell (the one Astalavista suggested). Your just going to blow that $1,000 you invested in building your own.

PC building is not something you jump into!! Do your homework.

However, ask yourself these questions:

1. Why am I building a computer.

2. What is my goal in building a computer.

3. Do I have enough base knowledge building a computer, where can I find the literature.

4. Am I building a computer just because everyone else is and think it's cool. But I could have a cool computer and mod it from a good manufactureing company, such as Dell, couldn't I?

5. Again. Why am I building a computer and what is my goal.

You need to ask yourself these questions m8.