motherboards, cases, and building your own desktop

ripken204

MSI RX600XT-TD128E (256-bit) ATI X600 PCI Express Video Card

MSI 915P Neo2 Platinum LGA775 DDR2 PCI-Express Motherboard

$226 dollars Only! LOL

your really hard headed aren't you. I already hinted to you that SAMSUNG! sucks!

It can't copy protected SafeDisc 3.3 and Securom DVDs or CDs :(

people just dont listen. Go to http://www.cdfreaks.com and read.

th_b01_jan_msi_vga_mobo_promo4.jpg

Ripken, MSI is not bad either. Just as good as Asus. This is a killer deal, if you want to forfeit your AIW.

I think your rushing things, you can get a better system and save more money while your wait. Computer deals are always around and every passing moment they get better and better. :)

Research is the key.. slowdown and read up on the hardware your going to purchase before you purchase it. If you end up buying this stuff and it doesnt seem it's what you wanted your going to pull a s*** load out of your a** to send it back and RMA, re-stock charges, etc... etc...

Take your time.

Astalavista I wonder if they send you that same exact poster with the box :)

i dont know if they do or not.

personally i would rather buy a Asus, but i am not on a budget like ripken.

plus if i was still in the states. I would rather get everything from dell and like

we said build a new PC with the parts.

The deals at dell are so sweet. plus free shipping and most places no TAX.

ripken has no idea how much he will be paying for shipping and handling

he did not factor that into his price.

he also made an error

1 GB for 100 + dollars that is a joke.

i think he means 512MB

currently i hv 1.5 GB on my PC - 758 on my Sony Vaio Z series Laptop.

after one month the prices will be about 10 to 15 percent cheaper.

Thank God that my ViewSonic VP912B i got from dell is $509.00

I love it rated #1 by all pc magazines as the best LCD monitor.

Epic they have 3 new models coming out for Dual Layer Drive almost one every month until Sept.

the only difference will be the dual layer writing speed.

last i check the price was around 61 dollars only

I can copy anything w/ my liteon Dual Layer drive.

Drives - Lite-On SOHW-1653S

Ya, Lite-On has really placed themselves in the market quickly. They design & manufacture most of ALL the parts for there products, which is why they are so cost efficient.

Not only that, being headed by some of the top engineers around the world, they design some of the best products out there. Personally, I like to place Lite-On and Plexwriter on the same scale for CD/DVD roms. But Plexwriter is probably the most expensive out there next to Sony/Pioneer.

It's a pitty I do not even own a Lite-On, but I hear & read so much positive feedback regarding there products.

Now that I am thinking about it I think I will get one and follow up with them more closely. I wasnt aware they were pretty much shipping out new brands on a monthly basis, respectively.

well, my experience with Lite-on is less than stellar... SOHW-1633S. I have gone through 2 of those dual layer DVD burners, and 1 crapped out during a burn and would no longer read any CDs. Got that replaced after 3 weeks of haggling with 3 levels of support (mind you, I had owned it for exactly 37 days when it died on me). 2nd (new) one will always coasterize a CD when the 48x rated cd-burner portion burns at 48x (media is rated 48x). I have to drop it to 40 to actually successfully burn. Their tech support is horrible.

To be honest, the only company I have ever dealt with that has good support is APC (they make UPS battery backup systems for computers and datacenters and such)

If I remember correctly, lite-on jumped the market so quickly they pushed crap out the door to get noticed. I am not saying everything they manufactured then was bad, it's just that some products that are bad end up being shipped.

Possible reasons you could have gotten a bad rom is that a new guy started testing the boards, a bad transitor in the package, janitor spilled his coffee on the shipping crate, etc.. etc.. :)

Testing boards is a tedious project. I use to test Tiger boards for IBM while in college and I mean test... 100's of cards stacked on a cart that has above 20-30 shelves on it and about 20-30 cards per and probably 30-40 carts in an 8hr period. Then you sit at your station swaping cards out after they "Pass" or "Fail" a current and diagnostics batch. Some cards fail the first time, but this neccessarily does not mean there bad so you need to run the batch 2-3 times. So sometimes a bad card does get slipped onto a production cart just because the process wears a person out. Some companies are automated, but as far as I know lite-on is not.

I'd be more then understanding getting a bad rom, but if it happend 3-4 consecutive times, I would start questioning.

But I find it interesting that there support is unbearable; I hear the opposite.

Astalavista most warrenties within the states are 30days, thats including OEM products. However, some companies have sub quotes regarding there policies, even if they do fall 2-7 days after a warrenty expires, they usually honor it unless you get some jerk behind the desk.

It all depends on what you say to them and if your really nice they may even give some goodies.

Here in the philippines as long as u hv warranty they just replace your unit with a new one no question asked.

it may also depend where u got your liteon

if u got it from dell they replace it automatically. That is why i like to buy

from dell if there is any problem they take care of it.

In addition if u use the American Express Credit Card u hv 120 days of protection.

Well Asta.....I think you are the only person I've ever heard of that likes Dell so much.....lol......I guess you've been lucky! I know dozens of people from all walks of life who have had a Dell at one time or another and none of them...not one! would ever buy another one. That was the main reason I got the ASUS laptop instead of a Dell....I could not find anyone who liked them - the product or the service!

Here is a story for you.

I bought my dell laptop several years ago. I came back to the philippines.

about 1 year before the warranty was going to run out my house maid dropped the laptop from my desk to the floor.

i couldn't get it to work anymore. I had a business trip to the United

States. So I brought the laptop with me. I called dell to tell them

what happen to my laptop. They said it was still under warranty.

I told them that i was going to be in town for only a few days.

The next day Fedex came and picked up my laptop. 2 days later

my Laptop Was Fixed. They replaced several components that were

damaged and fixed up my screen too it had a little crack.

I essentially had a refurbished but working Laptop. I was really happy.

I've had no problems at all with my dell computers. 90% of the time

it isn't the computers fault but rather the USER, who doesn't know

how to maintain and take care of the computer.

Some of my dell workstations from 5 years ago Still work very well without

any problems. Although at times it can't be help if a defective hardware

gets pass Quality Control.

I also like the Asus laptops but, too heavy for me and i have a bad back.

I prefer the Sony Vaio 14' ultra Light series under 3.1 lbs.

I also have several contacts at Dell computers.