Windows 2000 "Hotstream" Project

Gurgelmeyer

Hey guys I need some help here, I've tried to slipstream this sp5 into a win2k sp4 dic using nlite, but when i go to install it, in the computer properties it still says sp4.

did i do something wrong?

Edit: well i installed win2k with sp4 then installed the sp5, and noticed that same. it still says sp4. so you didn't change it, whats the versoin umber it should be after installing the sp5.

Edited by sailorsonic

Just a quick update: have worked a bit on USP 5.0 SR-1, which will include new hotfixes and the reissued MSURP1 (hopefully they'll release it soon). Mostly working on USP 5.1 - having my bit of fun with the Active Setup thingy - again. (What a strange invention - Active Setup that is)

Best regards

Gurgelmeyer B)

Many thanks for your effort. Last weekend I re-installed Win2k on my test machine.

I know you are already addressing issues like the August hotfixes. But these are some of the windows updates I needed to install after the OS installation.

Microsoft .Net framework 1.1

Microsoft .Net framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB886903)

Microsoft Data Access Components KB870669

Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (KB833989)

Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8

NTFS fix KB820888

windows shell hotfix KB839645

Bits 2.0 + Winhttp 5.1 update KB842773

Kernel vulnerability KB890859

internet explorer update KB896727

Outlook express vulnerability KB897715

Windows Installer 3.1 KB8893803

Windows Media Player 9 Hotfix KB885492

Windows Media Player Hotfix Q828026

Windows Media Player 9

I was hoping you might be able to include the .net framework as well as Media Player 9 in the 5.1 update.

Once again, many thanks, my test system is running great.

Hi :)

Are you absolutely sure about KB820888, KB839645, and KB890859 :blink: - those are definately part of USP 5.0, and they didn't show up on WU last time I checked. Hmmm... if they did show up, was this before or after you installed IE6? Or both? Have anyone else experienced that those hotfixes show up?

They won't change any files -

KB820888 NTFS.SYS 5.0.2195.6753 < USP 5.0 NTFS.SYS 5.0.2195.7049

KB839645 SHELL32.DLL 5.0.3900.6922 < USP 5.0 SHELL32.DLL 5.0.3900.7040

KB890859 WINLOGON.EXE 5.0.2195.6970 < USP 5.0 WINLOGON.EXE 5.0.2195.7031

(etc etc etc)

It's definately an error that they show up on WU though.

The other dl's will be in USP 5.1 :yes: (well, maybe not the dotnetfx - at least not in the USP 5.1 basic edition)

Best regards

Gurgelmeyer

Nice Gurgelmeyer...

Hurry up with this :) You're going to save me like 5 years of work.

Can you save me reading 50 pages of posts and just give me a quick run-down on how USP5 is supposed to be "integrated" into my Win2K Source? Am I supposed to just copy and overwrite?

Sure :lol:

- Copy your W2K CD to a folder - C:\W2K

- Expand the USP5 .zip file into a folder - C:\USP5

- Run the following command: C:\USP5\W2ksp5.exe /integrate:C:\W2K

- Delete the old C:\W2K\SUPPORT folder

- Copy the C:\USP5\SUPPORT to C:\W2K\SUPPORT (if you want to - they are updated)

Write it all back on a new CD - remember to make it bootable ;)

The current USP is 5.0 - it "only" contains ~300 hotfixes (some of which are cumulative too, so the actual number is problably closer to 500).

Best regards

Gurgelmeyer :)

Edited by Gurgelmeyer

I was hoping you might be able to include the .net framework as well as Media Player 9 in the 5.1 update.

Once again, many thanks, my test system is running great.

Those two components are easy enough to add during the cmdlines.txt portion of setup. For .NET Framework, use RyanVM's compressed installer which doesn't require any switches and for Windows Media Player 9, the syntax goes: MpSetup.exe /Q:A /R:N /c:"setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /NoPID /P:#e"

You'll still need to do security updates for WMP9 after install finishes though.

Edited by x243

Hi :)

@canuckerfan - Yes. USP5 is cumulative and includes all previous service packs, 300 bugfixes (all known issues are in fact fixed), MS URP1, and several security updates. You may install it on w2k Gold/SP1/SP2/SP3/SP4 or update a Gold/SP1/SP2/SP3/SP4 image.

@alexanrs - No digital signatures are broken in USP 5.0. This means that no hacked files or reg tweaks are installed. Only authentic Microsoft files and the .cat's to vouch for them. So you need to apply the sweet little >256 fix yourself :)

@x243 - It is also possible to wrap up WMP9 with IExpess and install if from svcpack.inf ;)

OK anyone who is banned and cant download then PM and I will send your way. Either way sorry for the **** confusion. Tried turnning off the banning s*** and keep my own list, but no luck.

That being said it can not be many of you guys, as bandwidth just hit 100GB.

Edited by war59312