finally using half the ipod lol

sven

first off - What size is it? Mini 4GB, 10GB, 15GB, 20GB, 40GB????

lol, my iPod is only a Mini 4GB - But I filled it up with all my favorite mp3's. Almost all of them are recorded at 192-320kbs. I don't except anything lower than 128kbs... and I perfer mp3 format.

A little off topic, :) but really cool if you are into this kind of thing:

Put Linux on your iPod, and still have all the functionality of your iPod...

Can be used to transfer files to another iPod without a computer, and possible play ogg files. Click on Link for more info:

TechTV

Basicly some guy got the Boot File off the iPod, so now we have iPod Linux Frimware. I know there is already other hacks for the iPod, bt I think this one will go further...

A little off topic,  :)  but really cool if you are into this kind of thing:

Put Linux on your iPod, and still have all the functionality of your iPod...

Can be used to transfer files to another iPod without a computer, and possible play ogg files. Click on Link for more info:

TechTV

Basicly some guy got the Boot File off the iPod, so now we have iPod Linux Frimware. I know there is already other hacks for the iPod, bt I think this one will go further...

I did this for a while and checked out the features... The only thing that actually WORKED was the file browser, the games, and the partially working MP3 player that took a few seconds to load everytime...

I did this for a while and checked out the features... The only thing that actually WORKED was the file browser, the games, and the partially working MP3 player that took a few seconds to load everytime...

Out of curiosity did you test it on an older model, since they mentioned that the newer models may possibly use a faster CPU - Like the iRiver?

That’s too bad it didn't work as good as I was hoping. I wanted to try it on my iPod :w00t:

mp3 player slow - you mean the Linux ver, or the iPod firmware?