Campus Plan

redder

I thought floorplan was only to make graphics in two dimensions, autocad was my first thought but it doesnt seem to be it, im not sure, i doubt about any 3d apps, because the ones i know (bryce, maya and blender) are really in 3d and dont produce any graphics like that, im answearing based on my knowledge which is limited, thanks for the answer SiMoNsAyS

Ahh....the good ol' days.

I've done many of these types of images in the past using a few different vector-based programs.

Nearly anything that can display transparent layers can be used to accomplish this type of drawing. The difference I found is how easily it can be done.

AutoCAD is my personal favorite for these although I've been forced to use CORELDraw (2nd fave) and Illustrator (hate it for these types of drawings, primarily because the puds at Adobe are so full of themselves that they've never made trimming lines easy to do).

Basically, imagine the three dimensional "appearing" image is a series of vellum layers overlaid on one another with, in this case, an image of the roofs being the top layer.

If you'd like a more detailed explanation along with a sample or two, just reply in this thread. Once you get a few text commands down in Autocat (LINE, TRIM, OFFSET, EXTEND, FILLET) you can make these up in no time.

Hope this helps. B)