why the speed is too low?

Woomera

thank you guys.

actually i wanna do what you said,and im glad that i shared this cause i wanted to buy the FX5900XT ,but now im goin for fx6600(gt if not much more expensive) or

x700(gt if not ...) and maybe ill upgrade from 512mb ram to 1gb if any money left

ah,one last question,is there any diffrent on 256mb graphic car from 128 in gaming? cause the prices have so much diffrence.

thanks.

well nowadays ppl say that there isn't much need for 256mb, i personally got 256 bc i've decided not to buy another graphics card for a long while.

but if u read reviews not so much difference in 256/128.

the price difference is not only dependant on the mb, i don't exactly know what u're referring to but last i checked 128mb ones had less pixel, slower core, ddr2, smaller fan stuff like that.

first thing u'll realize between the specific models of a brand is the card's memory and core clock. SE's slower, GT's better, Ultra's much more better. but ppl easily overclock the SE's & GT's to get ultra's performance at the cost of buying a cooler and probably some stuff else...

ask the guys over tomshardware's community (forum), they're the guru's

To get ULTRAs you need to do some heavy modding. Not only bigger coolers are needed but also you need to do a voltage mod, so you have to change parts on the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) and change some SMD-resistors :P .

Most of the 6800SEs have 700MHz DDR that will work without a mod on 800-880MHz, over clocking the core will be harder, lets say from 350 to 375MHz, enabling shades will give a bigger performance boost. It uses a 256bit bus with the MEM.

The 6600GT (YOU NEED A GT ELSE IT´S PCI-E(8x)!) has 900MHz GDDR3 (like the latest 5700 and 59x0) that will be easy over clocked to 1000-1100MHz (like the ULTRAS :P) The core is most of the time 500MHz but has only 128bit bus with the MEM (but don’t worry about that with these cards)

I hope that helps... I would also go for the 6600GT (128MB) AGP8x card for the price... :thumbup

PS. that x700 would be from ATI, and it´s NOT AGP! You need the 9700 for that, and that one isn´t fast enough for you...

Okay, I have some new info;

The nVidia 6200 is out, same as the 6600 series but with disabled pipelines that you CAN enable with RIVATUNER. In most games it will outperforme a radion 9800SE.

It´s new and could be hard to find, but this card would be a better card for the budged :D (and remember, NO PCI-E cards, you have AGP ;) )

sorry but another question,

i checked the tomshardware and i saw that fx6600 has the agp version but i didnt see for x700. actualy i cannot find 6600 and x700 on agp(in iran).

but there is 6800 and x800 on agp but too expensive ,so the problem is that i have GAINWARD FX5600 POWERPACK with 256mb ram ,you think its a good idea to go for ati9800 or 5900? imean with the prices and the diffrence.

:unsure:

and anyone can tell me what is PCIE?

and from the articles that i read ,ALL of the FX PCX card have the HSI Bridge so it will work on AGP too,is that right? imean for all of fx pcx cards.in that case the problem is solved

pcie is pci express its a new slot for your motherboard which has higher bandwidth than AGP slot, u can sort of assume where agp max is 8x pcie is like 16x.

so its a new technology...

i think u should look at some stores in iran and see which one's are avaliable, then decide...

and what are the prices like in there for 9800 & 5900?

All cards from ATI with "X" are PCI-E cards, so look for a 6600GT ;).

Some examples (models close too):

- x300 (PCI-E) is like the 9200 (AGP).

- x700 (PCI-E) is like the 9700 (AGP).

- x800 (PCI-E) is like the 9800 (AGP).

I really don't think this is hardware related. You should be fine with your setup, possibly buy another 512 of ram and tweak your system.

I would wait until PCIE is mainstream and more available (AMD specifically) and then upgrade the mobo and graphics card. It seems like your chasing a problem that won't be fixed with your upgrade.

Also, HD's make next to no difference in performance of your games except for loading time. I don't care if you have dual sata 20,000RPM in raid 0 or whatever, if your games thrashing to your HD your gonna get lag.

oh yea?

do u know that while u're playing a game it uses and loads billions of files and speed of the hdd very much changes lots of things!

apart from this when i switched from 5400rpm to 7200rpm years ago it felt as if i had bought a new system.

why do u think there have been scsi's laying around? bc u need to obtain data while reading/writing on the hdd, and therefore the speed is very important. also random access time is important as well.

1 see 2 things 1 is the ram other thing is obviously the graphics card. it performs low on brand new games, all the benchmarking programs can state this truth...just bc u see 256mb in the graphics card doesn't mean that its good. get a tnt2 with 512mb ram how much is that going to effect?

also the lag u might be getting from the games can be due to fragmentation of the hdd. i've 1 partition only for my games and i defrag it often, since its a smaller partition it takes not so much time to defrag.

anyways i've talked to much in this thread, its time for decision :P

quick reminder, check for virus/spyware/malware/stupidware/underwear check your registry for errors, defrag your registry,

close startup items, stop unneccessary services via services.msc.

sleep more play less, study hard :P, play more pay less :D

ok /quit.

His HD is not going to affect his game at all, except for loading times. Any modern HD will be adequate. I have a 160gig SATA and I get no performance differences fps or speed wise than I had with my 60gig 7200 rpm drive. When im tearing up in COD my harddrive has very little to do with this.

I can tell you that you will not notice much performance gain with an ATA100/133 or a ATA150 drive. The ATA150 (S-ATA(1)) drives are NOT really faster, only they can read/write faster to cache (flush the cash faster).

But if you have a 20GB 5400 or even 7200rpm drive, you would gain a lot of speed with a new >80GB 7200rpm (2 or 8MB cached (not that 8MB is much faster, only with some bench marks)) HDD.

The thing is that he likes to play Direct X 9 games with shader model 2 / 3. The FX 5200x, 5500x and 5600x cards have not a good performance with shader model 2 (Doesn’t even support 3), and 256MB for the same price is okay, but for now I would go for a 128MB card. Also, PCI-E (8 / 16) ISN´T that much faster then a AGP 8x card. The GPU and the MEM on these cards are the bottle neck. Also, this is why I like the 128MB cards more, for example most of the 5200 cards with 128MB run 50MHz faster on the MEM then a 256MB version. Some times they use cheaper MEM to make the card more attractive.

The newest games ask when you play in 1024*768 512MB RAM on "normal" to "high" settings.

Tweaking is always okay ;)

PS: I Even use a ATI 7500 128bit 128MB card, and NFSU2 is work fine on it (with a AMD 2200+/7200rpm 80GB HDD/512MB RAM). I use 6800, FX5600, FX5200, 440MX8 and ATI7500 cards (all tweaked ;) ). But those 6800 cards are the biggest performance gain makers ;).