Is it any better to run installs from cd?

Hello, first of all let me say thanks to all of you that maintain this site. I have been perfecting my uA cd/dvd for sometime now and refer to this site daily. My question is, I've managed to get all of my software set to install from the runonceex method, and it works like a charm, I'm just wondering if it would be any better to run it from the dvd? I have about a gig of software I install when I reinstall windows. If it would be wiser to set it all up from the dvd, I'd switch. The only difference I can figure is that it would save some time copying the files from the dvd, but only a few mins if that. Thanks for your input.

i prefer to install from the dvd

it doesn't take that long.

good luck

and welcome to msfn

Stupid question but where do you put the installation files on the dvd before you create the bootable image? If they are in the $OEM$ folder they get copyied to the harddrive during installation. aaaaaaaaaaaaashould they just be in a folder inline with $OEM$?

Alright I guess I could have tested it in the tim eit tooklto post....

One major reason to install straight from CD is that most of my install packages are SFX compressed - so I could un-rar NAV from CD to a folder on HD straight-away without first copying it to HD - prevents wasting of time. :D

The total time of installing my 4.x gig from disc, is about 28 mins. I found that it took 45 mins when it was needed to copy to hard-disk. So as you see, it was a massive shave-off from time needed for install (it halved!).