It never stops!

amp_man

my batch file never stops on programs I've compressed with winrar, even with the start /wait commands, it just keeps on trucking right through, and so my winrar'ed programs (office 2003, VCE GH and VCE MSTI) dont get fully installed before the reboot. is there any way other than sleep to get this working? perhaps winzip or another compression program? my batch file is attached, and the Office2003.exe contains office, frontpage, and another batch that gets executed to do an unattended install of both. thanks

start.cmd

No, not exactly. The Office programs I am, but the VCE programs simply need to be extracted to the program files directory, and then the shortcuts are manually installed in the $Docs folder. I have confirmed that the unattended sfx options work fine under windows, but during installation, the computer shuts down before these files can finish extracting.

try extending the shutdown pause to 3, 4, or 5 mins, depending how long it needs;

ECHO.

ECHO Restarting the PC in 1 minute...

shutdown.exe -r -f -t 60 -c "Windows XP will now restart in 1 minute, this will give enough time for the shortcuts to update and for the shell to fully load before its ready to restart!"

will become;
ECHO.

ECHO Restarting the PC in 4 minutes...

shutdown.exe -r -f -t 240 -c "Windows XP will now restart in 4 minutes, this will give enough time for the shortcuts to update and for the shell to fully load before its ready to restart!"

Also, once your main batch file has performed the extraction, it will not be aware of the installation proccess, so it will go on to the next proccess. Try calling the install batch files from your main batch file. Hope that helps. :)