Thank you creator..

Im a new member but a user of 98sp1.62/2.0beta its fantastic i like the way your breathing new life into 98se ived used every os and even xpsp2 is buggy but 98se is like a old friend trustworthy and u bringing it into the 21st century is a much needed shot in the arm.i thank you and wish u support on future sps ...well done man. :thumbup

Greetings everybody

I've just joined the forum 3 minutes ago! :)

------------------------------------------------------------

I must agree with the posts above ...

It is absolutely FANTASTIC that we are all so lucky to have this superb Win98se Update/Security/Hotfix program made available to us.

My hats off to you, Sir.

What a brilliant, extremely talented computer expert you must be!

Congratulations and well done.

With my very best wishes ...

Dr. Mac

hey 98 is very popular even now,some ppl can't afford to goto 2000 or xp but 98 will do just fine

I can't afford to use XP, and I'm not talking monetarily. I don't let any machine with XP on it get out of my hands without at least 98SE for a maintainence system where you can run antispyware/antivirus stuff apart from the security-buggy XP.

This is an ever-burgeoning problem I am seeing at an alarming rate:

The system this happens on is always the same general configuration: I can run WinXP on say drive C: and also dual-boot to drive F: to run 98SE [lite perhaps]. Both systems are prepared to run the same set of anti-spy/vir tools. I have a floppy backup of BOOTSECT.DOS to get 98SE up along with the other few files 98SE needs to have unvirused on drive C: if necessary [the basic DOS stuff that gets 98SE proper up on drive F:].

Run all tools on XP including Ad-Aware, CWShredder, SpyBot S&D, and Trend Micro Housecall free virus scan [i recommend this one; finds stuff Norton and McAfee NEVER find!]. After all of the gauntlet of tests, XP tells me it is TOTALLY FREE of unwanted guests, etc. which have either been deleted/quarantined/removed or were never there, etc.

However, this is in fact NOT THE CASE!

Now boot to the F:-based 98SE system and do the same collection of tools. Trend Micro Housecall finds that there is a resident trojan in the XP system! One particularly bad case was that SVCHOST.EXE was infected and XP said it was not!

Thus, all of the attempts by well-meaning people to get the public to at least run available [and mostly free!] anti-spy/vir tools isn't good enough, since smarter viruses are around that give the intended false sense of security afforded by inadequate testing for problems present but not known to the user, etc.

As I said, I can't afford to run [only] XP.

cjl (Woody Lenhard referring to Gates' quote: Trustworthy computing, indeed!)

i run xp but i also run 98 se

all pc's except 3(an older laptop,1 8 yr old pc,my main system has xp/98 dual boot)have 98 se but the rest run xp,i have antivirus on xp but not on 98 cuzz i've never been infected with viruses n such with 98

:thumbup thanks u gape im a 98se user who appeciates a sp2 for 98se i hpe others will be as thankfull ,i sure it quite alot of work creating one so once agin i salute your efforts and by the way gape it does really improve 98se performance greatly. :thumbup