hiding add/remove progs in control panel

MCT

This may help you out!

* Add / Remove Programs Registry Keys
o Remove Add/Remove Programs programs
 # KEY: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Uninstall
 # DWORD: NoAddRemovePrograms = 1
o Hide change or remove programs page
 # KEY: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Uninstall
 # DWORD: NoRemovePage = 1
o Hide Add New Programs page
 # DWORD: NoAddPage = 1
o Hide Add/Remove windows components
 # DWORD: NoWindowsSetupPage = 1
o Hide the add a program from CD-ROM or floppy option
 # DWORD: NoAddFromCDorFloppy = 1
o Hide Add programs from Microsoft option
 # DWORD: NoAddFromInternet = 1
o Hide Add programs from Network option
 # DWORD: NoAddFromNetwork = 1
o Go directly to Components Wizard
 # DWORD: NoServices = 1
o Remove support information
 # DWORD: NoSupportInfo = 1
o Specify default category for Add New Programs
 # STRING:DefaultCategory = category

HouoHHOOH I've seen something about that a few weeks ago... Let me find it.

Oh! now I remember, it is in a magazine I have at work and they where giving tips for Windows XP. They were saying that there is a file in Windows were all the stuff for the Add/Uninstall panel is listed. You can Hide, Unhide from there if I remember correctly... I'll try to get my hand on it tommorow.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh! now I remember, it is in a magazine I have at work and they where giving tips for Windows XP. They were saying that there is a file in Windows were all the stuff for the Add/Uninstall panel is listed. You can Hide, Unhide from there if I remember correctly... I'll try to get my hand on it tommorow

I think your refering to SYSOC.INF. All the crap Windows installs. Things in there with the HIDDEN tag are, you guesed it hidden. Remove HIDDEN and those items will show in add/remove programs to be dealt with appopriately.

new here. will get a tag soon. be patient.