A problem with paths ...

midiboy

HI !

Sorry for this (probably newbie) question but I have been playing around with this for 2 hours now but cannot find the solution ... so I need some help here ...

I am trying to call a cmd from Wihu. That cmd is one directory up from the Wihu directory and then one directory down:

Setup --|
        |-- Wihu
        |-- Dscaler5 (with cmd and Dscaler5005.exe inside)

So inside Wihu (install.ini) I call the cmd like this:

Description.1=DScaler 5
command.1=CMD /C "%WIHU%\..\Dscaler5\silent_install.cmd"
workdir.1=%WIHU%\..\Dscaler5\

The cmd itself looks like this and works if I double click on it inside the DScaler5 directory:

start /wait DScaler5005.exe /VERYSILENT

However, if I let Wihu call this cmd, then DScaler5005.exe cannot be found !

Could you please tell me how I should set the work directory or anything else in install.ini to make this cmd call the exe from Wihu ?

I would like to leave the paths relative so I can call the cmd from the directory and from Wihu no matter if I am installing from CD or from harddisc.

This should be possible, no ?

I am sorry if this has been covered before, I looked through all the helpfiles ...

Thanks,

Alex

I haven't tried to use cmd files with WIHU, but have you tried specifying the command without "CMD /C"? Another option would be to add the following code to the cmd file to see what the current directory is when that file can't be found.

cd
pause

I had the exact same problem as you. Whats happening is the CMD is being called, but the active directory isn't where the application is, it's where WIHU is!

I couldn't find an easy answer, so I made the decision that the only installation that mattered was the one being done from the CD.

I set the directory using:

for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\CD.txt set CDROM=%%i:\Install\"NAME OF DIRECTORY HERE"\

and run each program by going

%CDROM%\setup.exe /s

Also, just a stupid question here, but why don't you just use the capabilities of WIHU to install the application? You don't need to call a CMD file for it to install. The reason I do is that it took a long time to make the CMD's do what I want and I don't wanna bother with WIHU and trying to force it to do what I want.

If this isn't the case with you, you could just have WIHU run the programs for you.

EDIT: Most people would probably have the for loop look more like this:

for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\CD.txt set CDROM=%%i:\$OEM$\$1\Install\"NAME OF DIRECTORY HERE"\

You misunderstand. What I gave him was to put into his CMD file, not to put into WIHU.

Can you set variables like that in WIHU?

I have tried the %SRCPATH% and %SRCDRIVE% commands, and they didn't work properly for me (used the wrong CD drive). I then discovered the

%INIDIR% comand which I beleive to be a much better command (for my purposes anyways).

Hi guys,

thank you very much for your help everyone !

@ckitching:

thanks, using your idea made me realize that I had set the same workdir for all commands, stupid me ! :P

Everything works now, the way I posted it !

@ tjhart85:

I prefer to use batch files so I can have the same command in Wihu for everything and can also install silently without Wihu (should I ever need that)