Windows Media Player 10 Problems

bcoste1

I am experiencing many problems and have a few complaints with WMP 10. I reluctantly downloaded the new media player thinking it was better, but two months later I finally realize how I prefer WMP 9 about ten times more. First thing the background is no longer black, instead is this white and light blue glare. The black was so much easier on the eyes. I wish I knew how to write code, so I could change the background to something more friendly to my optic nerves. Second, I can’t move songs around in my playlists. :realmad: I use the playlists feature a lot. One of the best things about the playlists was being able to sort and organize music within my playlist. Now I can’t do that. I have to create a new list and move songs back and forth, taking at least four times longer than it used to when I could simply move the songs. Fourth, creating a new playlist became a problem. For a while I could not figure-out how to create a new playlist. Finnally after about an hour playing around I discovered the cumbersome procedure. Then the next week I for got and it took at least another ten minutes figuring it out again. WMP 9 had a button that you could click on from the media player face to create a new playlist, which made it super easy. Fifth, adding songs to a playlist became more cumbersome. Instead of the dialog box that used to just open allowing the user to add a song directly to a playlist, users must now go through two more steps to get to that dialog box.

I’m gonna have to try and find the WMP 9 and download it, so I won’t have to put up with this lame excuse for an “improvement.” If these problems get resolved I might try out the next version, but don’t hold your breath. I just discovered I still have the WMP 9 setup file. Now my problem is that WMP 10 is acting like a virus. I can’t seam to remove it from my computer. :realmad:

That's exactly what Microsoft is. A More Difficult Life Overall. After 10x major code rewrites, it's 4 times harder than it was in the previous and they still can't get things right. That is exactly why I avoid M$ entirely. If I met Bill Gates in real life, I certainly would not shake his hand. I'd probably put him in a wrist lock and hope that one of his stupid body guards wouldn't try to smash me over the head with a biton or something. Anyway, freeware applications made by people who believe in freedom and convenience. Google up: 1By1. Nice small proggie that I use. Takes 1.4 MBs of RAM when in use.

Cheers,

Jeremy

First thing the background is no longer black, instead is this white and light blue glare. The black was so much easier on the eyes. I wish I knew how to write code, so I could change the background to something more friendly to my optic nerves.

you can change the background color back to black.

by doing the following simple steps

in the Menu bar go to View ->Enhancements there select "color chooser" there click on the "use black as player background color" then the background will change to black

post-2-1105361597_thumb.png