The First Setup Screen?

do a search on the forums, you'll find instructions from @Astalavista on how you can edit the winntbbu.dll file and a thread with completed ones...

edit: after re-reading your post i think you're talking about text-mode setup. at the moment i haven't read about to change it but... you can change the colors of the command prompt so there must be a way...

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

:hello:

im interested in configuring the first blue setup screen but im having trouble with this .bin file.

I tried using some hex viewer but found no reference to editing it. :unsure:

I would like to change the bit at the top from Windows XP Professional to my own version of windows.

anyone any ideas on an easy way to edit?

thanks

Sc00by :rolleyes:

use Hex Workshop to open the .bin file, then scroll down to the bottom, and work your way up. I'm still looking for it, but it should be here somewhere. Also, note that in all likeliness, it will have to be the exact same length as the original message

edit: please let me know if you find it, I haven't, and I'm giving up for the night...

• 5 months later...

I tried this and it was rendered useless, it kept saying "NTLDR not found" I have sent along a picture of the error. Is there anyway around this? :whistle::}:( . Should I be using a different version of setupldr? if so Where do I find it?

John :thumbup