RunOnceEx.cmd "Flags" Query

REG ADD %KEY% /V FLAGS /D "dword:00000018" /f

Whilst searching and browsing the threads I have seen this line of code directly under some peoples' TITLE key in their RunOnceEx.cmd examples. Can someone enlighten me as to what it is and does? I have recently changed over to RunOnceEx from batch_file.cmd on my UA XPCD with the help of the recommended "RunOnceEx Creator" and it doesn't create this key for me.

Well I was getting bored so I decided to try this command.

The good news is it didn't format my drive ;)

The bad news is I don't know what it does :huh: I didn't see any difference... maybe I was hopping something like RunOnceEx background color change, or allowing a larger window with more text...

REG ADD %KEY% /V FLAGS /D "dword:00000018" /f

Whilst searching and browsing the threads I have seen this line of code directly under some peoples' TITLE key in their RunOnceEx.cmd examples.

That syntax is bad.

Note: Dec 144 turns to Hex 90 below

Try this instead.

REG ADD %KEY% /V Flags /T REG_DWORD /D "144" /f

Unsure of definite results, but looks better.

The values are cumulative. If you want "No Status Dialog" and "Create Error Log File," set Flags to hexadecimal 90 (80 + 10).

@MHz

What does it actually do then?????????

That syntax is bad

That ACTUAL syntax is copied from Bashrats' Basic Driver Pack instructions!! If you look at Stage 5 editing your RunOnceEx.cmd or Batch_file.cmd of Method 1 it appears on his example too.

So how many people are actually now using it withour knowing what it is or does! And if you say its wrong, then I believe you. So if you know the syntax is bad, you must know what it does - can you tell us?

Hehe :P

It's indeed inthere, but it does nothing... It wasn't meant to get into the DriverPacks instructions. I have been trying to get this error flag to work, but couldn't manage to. Why would I want it? Because the RunOnceEx didn't work as it should: about 20 apps did get installed without any problems and one didn't get executed at all. So I tried this error flag, but without _any_ results. I'll remove it in the next version, but it doesn't hurt.

@DLF

Check the Microsoft link for what it does. The setting I gave is for what is quoted at the bottom of my 1st post.

@pinout

The Reg Add command handles Decimal, not Hexidecimal.

Do some testing to find out for yourself.

MHz, I did :)

Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]
(C) Copyright 1985-2000 Microsoft Corp.

C:\>REG ADD HKLM /v TEST /t REG_DWORD /d "0x00000018" /f

The operation completed successfully

C:\>REG QUERY HKLM /v TEST

! REG.EXE VERSION 2.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
   TEST        REG_DWORD       0x18

@ Incroyable Hulk, Bashrat et al = looks like a bag of bull**** to me - wont be adding it myself. And thanks to Soulin for the answer on what it actually does.

@MHz = If you knew what it does, would it have really hurt you to say so? Instead of writing more words directing people to a dodgy M$ site than it would have took to explain it. :no: It wasnt as if I was asking why my $OEM$ folder hadnt been copied over. Get a life and get out more man.