hiding function in wpi

i think we really need this type of function in wpi.

iwant to use regtweaks and cleanup.cmd etc with wpi.but if a new user installing first time(imean unattended OS).he may not know what they r.so i want to hide those options.

i know i can force them to install.but still is there any such provision in wpi

help pls

and happy new year to all.

@Astalavista: Nope, that's just gonna leave a blank space next to a check box. Tried it. :P

@bmn: I'm with you on that one, as you may have picked up from previous posts. I found a solution in my case, one that cleans up post-OEM install files and fires up the WPI via batch file. I know, I know... But it only momentarily produces a blue flash that the average person will most likely just disregard. It works like this:

1. Download the AutoRun utility produced by Tarma Software Research. I use it to create reliable Autorun.inf files, but as I recently rediscovered, and as the authors note, "it will even function without that file." Indeed.

2. Create a batch file called "RunWPI.cmd" that includes your cleanup work:

@echo off
TITLE Flash...
COLOR 1f

::Locate the CDROM drive if necessary, where AUTORUN.INF exists at the root...
FOR %%d IN (c: d: e: f: g: h: i: j: k: l: m: n: o: p: q: r: s: t: u: v: w: x: y: z:) DO IF EXIST %%d\AUTORUN.INF SET CDROM=%%d

::Run WPI...
autorun.exe -q2 %cdrom%\wpi\WPI.hta

::Remove $OEM$ mess where it exists...
RD /S /Q  "%systemdrive%\Drivers"

::Remove setup files...
DEL /F "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\RunWPI.exe"
DEL "%windir%\Temp\AutoRun.exe"
DEL RunWPI.cmd

CLS
EXIT

3. Archive the two files as an SFX using WinRAR, with the following comment:

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Path=%windir%\Temp
Setup=RunWPI.cmd
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

I called my SFX "RunWPI.exe" and placed it in the "$OEM$\$Docs\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" directory. Since it is an executable it will run from Startup, kickstarting the batch file that--powered by AutoRun--fires up the .hta file and cleans up immediately afterward. Note that I have an Autorun.inf file on the CD for versatility, but it is not required. Just change the file reference in the batch file to any file that exists at the root of the CD.

Tarma's AutoRun utility can also install multiple files in turn, and from varied locations:

@echo off
TITLE Flash...
COLOR 1f

::Locate the CDROM drive if necessary, where test1.txt exists at the root...
FOR %%d IN (c: d: e: f: g: h: i: j: k: l: m: n: o: p: q: r: s: t: u: v: w: x: y: z:) DO IF EXIST %%d\test1.txt SET CDROM=%%d

::Open files found on the Desktop, the CD in my drive, and in my server's shared directory...
autorun.exe -q2 "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\test2.txt" %cdrom%\wpi\WPI.hta \\Server1\share\test3.txt

CLS
EXIT

AutoRun can also install files in "RunWait" mode using the "-w" switch, allowing users to run a .cmd/.hta/.cmd combination, but you would want to use the CMDOW utility to hide the batch files from view.

The AutoRun utility from Tarma deserves a close look by anyone interested in installation issues, IMHO. A search for "Tarma" on MSFN produced zilch, surprisingly. With WPI's six command lines and this tool, you can install to your hearts content!