silent installation

saitoh183

Im having problems with some appplications that i are bieng installed silently during my windows setup. I've search but have found nothing.

Here are the programs:

- Gadwin Printscreen (wise installer)

- Belarc Advisor (Wise installer)

- Fabertoys(Inno installer)

- Slimbrowser (Nullsoft installer)

- M$ Powertoys(Windows XP Crativity Fun Pack)(Installshield with MSI Installer)

Gadwin Printscreen---> It asked me to choose a language before starting the silent installation. How do i get it to not ask me?

Belarc Advisor--->After the installation, it analyzes my PC and opens an HTML pages to show the results. How do i get it to install withouot running after that?...would taskkill work?

Fabertoys---> After the installation, it shows the group menu that it created. How can i get it to not show it, but keep the group menu selection that i chose during the installation...is it possible?...or do i have to select not to create a group menu at all?

Slimbrowser---> Same problem as Fabertoys

M$ Powertoys(Windows XP Crativity Fun Pack)---> At the end of the installation it opens the readme files in HTML. How do i get it to not do that?

@all

Thx in advance! :)

I went to your link and i've read that before on the net;)...as for my prob, it doesnt solve it.

I have been able to install all the apps above silently. The problem is at the end of the installations...Fabertoys and Slimbrowser have the startup group poping up after the silent install...Gadwin Printscreen gives me a language selection before starting the silent install and M$ powertoys after the silent instal the HTML readme pop's up...

Using cleanup.cmd and taskill/pskill wont do a thing because all these probs happen right after the programs install's...

@Astalavista

ok can you explain how pskill/taskill would work for my prob of Fabertoys and Slimbrowser? I have PSkill so how would i use it in my runonceex.cmd(syntax)?

Example:

REG ADD %KEY%\006 /VE /D "WinISO 5.3" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\006 /V 1 /D "%cdrom%\apps\WinISO\winiso53.exe /VERYSILENT /SP-" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\007 /VE /D "WinISO Task kill" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\007 /V 1 /D "taskkill /F /IM WinISO.exe" /f

taskkill would close the start menu group windows that pop's up after the installation? and in my example, is that the right syntax?

You need to put it as the next item...

REG ADD %KEY%\006 /VE /D "WinISO 5.3" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\006 /V 1 /D "%cdrom%\apps\WinISO\winiso53.exe /VERYSILENT /SP-" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\006 /V 2 /D "taskkill /F /IM WinISO.exe" /f

Notice that now there is an incremented number after "/V" for the second item.

Now for the explanation....

Taskkill is nothing but just a task-killer. Tell it which EXE to kill and it will do it. For example, lets see the startup group popping up after install - do a Ctrl-Alt-Del, and see all running "Processes". You will see that the startup group window is being shown by the "explorer.exe" file. So just put the relevant file-name in your runonceEX.

Example:

REG ADD %KEY%\006 /V 2 /D "taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe" /f

I always thought the batch files were run before explorer was first loaded, thus this problem doesnt occur.

Right.

The start menu folders won't be opened when installing silently before the explorer shell loads.

• 8 years later...
  • 2 months later...