SP2 - Kill ALL Pirate Copies Of XP?

FthrJACK

79 members have voted

1. 1. SP2 - Kill ALL Pirate Copies Of XP?

• most likley it will
    • no chance!
    • i dont care im legit
    • i still wont buy it
    • A new "crack" will be found
    • ill buy XP then

nahhh, its an operating system, we have the program already, its not a new one like msn updates, and md5 is breakable, just not easily.

for a time PGP was unbreakable, but it can be cracked using a super computer, or if you have a collection of a few hundered machines working together and a lot of time :)

time to crack depending on the bit size of the key.

The way I see it and correct me if I am wrong please is that everytime you do a windows update the registry will be examined for changes that indicate a cracked key? Then the user receives a message that the OS is invalid (something to that affect) and WHAM dead in the water?

If true, then what is the point of running a cracked OS. I mean it is the OS afterall. Not like Adobe where you could operate your PC without it.

Yep, Linux looks better all the time.

IF (When) SP2 is released it will have been cracked for a few months. Windows-XP was cracked a year before it was released. Yes it was. What do you call corp?

Anyways the same will always happen. SP1 didn't even need to be cracked. Just a new serial and there are thousands of them. Microsoft cant block them all.

Anyways I doubt microsoft will ever be able to stop piracy.

It's not impossible it's just imposable. Good luck microsoft. Your going to need it.

Does SP2 affect corporate versions of XP? The ones that do not require activation?

Also someone already using a version of XP is not required to download SP2 so what about the people who choose not too download it?

Does windows update check the windows cd key every time it is used???

If it is not required to download it and there are corporate versions of xp around why do people say that SP2 will kill pirate versions of XP - Surely people can still obtain a Corp. version CD, install it and use it with no problems...