Java 5.0 Update 1

jrf2027

I use /qb-! with mine.

Yeah. I use that too with no problem. Did it reboot when you tried it? What other switches are you using?

And don't forget these two:

custom=1

reboot=suppress

I'm not sure what custom=1 do, but I think lilweirddude is right. I'm guessing you need custom=1, because you are doing a custom install. The default value is zero. custom=0 Without changing the value to "1", I had problems with the reboot.

Well btw, it seems to work fine with :

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\java\J2SE.msi IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 JAVAUPDATE=0 /qb!-" /f

On your current system, it may work. But during unattended installation, it still reboots. I can say this because I tried using that switch before on my system, and it worked without rebooting. But when I used it on my dvd, no good.

I try to use the J2EE 1.4 SDK - but if I use the switches given in the Java Plug-in 1.4.2 Developer Guide it always says that they are wrong. Instead I sould use "-silent <state file>" ... this is strange, because the developer guide says to use "/s /v"/qn ..."" ... but anyway, maybe someone could help in creating this state file? (I guess it's an ini-file... maybe like this??):

[SETUP]
ADDLOCAL=jrecore,extra
IEXPLORE=1
MOZILLA=1
REBOOT=Supress

what do you guys think of this strange behaviour? and where is your .msi from?? I couldn't find it anywhere?

thanks for your help.

My problem is just solved - it seems that I have downloaded the wrong version of the java sdk... installation worked without problems for me now...

but maybe I have an advice for you guys.

the Java Deployment Guide has the following passage about the REBOOT=Supress option:

REBOOT=Suppress, if used, indicates that if locked files are encountered the computer should not be rebooted;

you guys said that the whole thing only happens if java is installed from the unattended cd...

so maybe the setup trys to write something (temporary data?) to the cd-rom and - of course - discovers that writing to the cd is not possible. ... maybe there is an option to tell the installer to put the files somewhere else...?