partition creator?

Ven

For creating partitions you could use:

1) Fdisk from MS

2) Gdisk from Symantec (comes with Ghost)

3) Ranish Partition Manager (do a Google search, you will find it)

All can be scripted to create partitions for use in building servers. Also look into the built-in partitioning tools that come with the unattended process. Reference the ref.chm help in the Support Tools --> Deploy.cab file on the server cd.

actually w2k3 was't supposed to be used as a os for workstations

Maybe not but, all the apps, games I've used work ok. With regards to drivers, 99.9% of the time XP drivers work. In terms of a partition creator, I use Acronis Partion Expert. Does pretty much everything I need it for, including Linux partitions.

actually w2k3 was't supposed to be used as a os for workstations

Maybe not but, all the apps, games I've used work ok. With regards to drivers, 99.9% of the time XP drivers work. In terms of a partition creator, I use Acronis Partion Expert. Does pretty much everything I need it for, including Linux partitions.

Convert Windows Server 2003 to a Workstation

|Drew|

thanks guys for all the help.. i think XP sucks.. but i am using it now to make my farstone virtual drive work.. cause it don't work with 2k3 std. i have all my images saved as VDC format.. not video CD but farsone special format.. when i mount a VDC image using Alcohol, my scanner driver hangs.. so i thought it was driver problem because other VCD files mounted using Alcohol worked.. so i chnaged to xp.. as soon as i get this perblem sorted out.. i will change back to 2k3 std

All XP drivers work on 2k3 you just have to disable the unsigned driver protection features in 2k3 and you will get a anoying window when they try to install them saying they are not compatable and unsigned just click yes and they work fine.

All XP drivers work on 2k3 you just have to disable the unsigned driver protection features in 2k3 and you will get a anoying window when they try to install them saying they are not compatable and unsigned just click yes and they work fine.

You shouldn't even need to do that. Most should install fine anyway, even with Win file protection enabled. You should only get that message if the driver isn't signed, i.e not a WHQL driver. All XP WHQL drivers should install without any problems.

I thought Part Image was a partition backup program, not a program for creating, modifying partitions?