Mods Can we see your RunonceEX.cmd?

ok i'm not one of those mods but mine has been tested and works perfect :P

you probably won't understand what some of those batch files do, sometimes they remove/rename files just to look better, other times they'll call a 2nd cd or a 3rd dvd. just be sure to check the switches and if you don't understand something, ask for it ;)

RunOnceEx.cmd

u guys crack me up...

@ VAD

True, but people must keep in mind that many apps have been repackaged. Hence, they run without switches in the posted cmd files.

I understand, I also repack most of my stuff using winrar.

I just want to see :thumbup

@Mhz

you mean to say u use Autoit instead of RunonceEX.cmd?

cool!

I don't use RunOnceEX, nor do I use batch-files. Ever since wraith came on the scene, I've been using XML-based configuration files (XPinstall and XPlode). The XMLs are able to do pretty much everything without needing batch-files - and where its not sufficient, I use .REG or INF or VBscripts.

Although, where guiding someone else is concerned, I would talk in terms of batch-files - just because its easier and the guide also uses CMD files.

No it won't be included on the uA guide, because it might be too difficult for new-comers to understand. But yes, if you are comfortable with RunOnceEX, you won't find it too difficult to learn XPlode's config - the bonus is that its *VERY* good-looking too.

Check out the XPlode section on this forum, for all info about it.

No it won't be included on the uA guide, because it might be too difficult for new-comers to understand. But yes, if you are comfortable with RunOnceEX, you won't find it too difficult to learn XPlode's config - the bonus is that its *VERY* good-looking too.

Check out the XPlode section on this forum, for all info about it.

man....now I can't add it?

In the "Graduate" level, I was thinking of leaving it open, with sectinos on WIHU and XPLODE and perhaps that other one...WPI i think it is? lol.

As for my RunOnceEX.cmd...

don't have one either. Wouldn't guess it would you? I never used a CMD file for it either. I prefer INFs, but I've been using WIHU lately (allows disabling options to install, and i have two computers that need different things)

well, I like using my cmd batch file, it's so ez to reconfigure

after all, I put it on a floppy, so I can change serial numbers to match my customers serial numbers.

Plus, I have the option to echo out any lines I don't wish to install in a particular computer

Then again, I just put in the basics for people so I don't have to worry about 3rd party license issues.

so they get the media player upgrade, adobe reader, winzip, zonealarm, and adaware.

Freebie programs that if they want the full version, then they can upgrade and pay themselves

so, yeah, I'm a fan of batch files :yes: