office 2003 on Win98

el_rob3

• 1 year later...
Office 2003 requires an NT kernel. You will NOT be able to run it on a 9x system.

Well, what if I had Win98SE with Revolutions pack, which adds XP kernel to Win98SE? But, still, it doesn't work for me. :( It is probably not caused by kernel. :unsure:

If you are a die-hard windows 98 guy that just refuses to upgrade--well I don't know what to say other that it may be time to consider upgrading to XP. I was against XP at first--it seemed slugish once programs were installed and full of bugs and security holes, but a fully patched SP2 install of XP is hands down the best OS I've ever used.

If you still have 98 because it's outside of your resources to upgrade, than my suggestion would definately try OpenOffice. As mentioned, it is free, although I'm sure if it will run on a 98 machine, but I believe so. You will be able to open and edit any Word, Excel, Power Point files with it, even those created with Office 2003.

Thank you for your replies. I am running Win98SE on my spare computer, which is very old. I use it just for writing and Internet. Thatswhy is use this old OS, it is faster than Win2k would be. I am not adore Microsoft, but MS Office is probably much better than Open Office, Staroffice etc. I've installed Office XP on and am satified.