Networking between WindowsXP and Windows95/98/ME

prathapml

When installing a network between a Windows95/98/Me and a Windows XP system, just make sure that you configure both systems with all required components

(same as for networking between Windows95/98/ME and Windows 2000, see also the Microsoft Knowledge Base article Q258717 )

1) Common protocol: Either install on all system NetBEUI protocol or TCP/IP

2) Install File-and-Printer Sharing

3) make sure to be in the same workgroup

4) Make the resources available by Sharing disks/folders on Windows95/98/ME and by sharing disks/folders on Windows XP Home Edition / sharing disks/folders on Windows XP Prof.

5) If you used Windows XP professional, create a WindowsXP Username for the user working on the Windows95/98/ME system

6) Login on the Windows95/98/ME system on startup with the username and password defined in the step above, when connecting to Windows XP Professional

7) the Windows95 "Network Neighborhood" should allow you now to access the WindowsXP system and the Windows XP "My Network Places" / "Computers Near Me" access to the Windows

Read this article in detail

• 9 months later...

Hi!

Please Help With this one!

I have 2 systems connected to a router and cable modem!

One Windows XP Professional And another a Toshiba Notebook with Windows XP Home edition!

The internet connection it's working well from both systems

Xp pro can connect to thosiba but thoshiba (xp home edition) can not connect to xp pro! Both systems are in the same workgroup!

What it's wrong?