Computer Parts

gamehead200

The thing is, I don't want to built a small machine. What's the use of 500MB HDs if you can't install anything else but Win95 and Win98 without having any problems? There are motherboards, 500MB HDs, modems, video cards, printer ports, floppy drives, sound cards, and keyboards. This stuff is like 6-7 years old. Now, some suggestions on pricing?

UNfortuitly the fact that the parts have become sooo out of date, i really doubt that anyone will really buy them..the facct is they are probly not worht the shipping costs..but hey, give it a try on ebay..the worst thing that could happen is that noone buys them..but maybe youll make a few bucks...

=Drew

two potential buyers... old people and pc novices, if you can live with your conscience that is. hell pc manufacturers do that every day, so do companies that sell old acient stuff, ive seen 1gb 64mb ram machines selling at £180 or more in my town, you would laugh at something like that, my tutor gives machines like that away!

try your local dumpit / skip site (not full on dump.. the place where you dump stuff the trash guy wont take away) they usually keep machines on the side, colleges and some companies like to collect them for recycle or parts, just turn up and ask what they got, they will give you it. build a beter system out of it and sell that, if it has 3 500mb discs you still advertise it as 1.5gb :)

Or use it as a firewall / router, if your on cable or DSL it would be worth while, checkout www.smoothwall.org

Free to download (only 20MB!!!), easy to configure and install, you can control it by your main pc and internet browser, no need for two monitors, just install it, shove it at the back of your desk and forget it.

Now here's a thought.. whatever happens to all the old junk we throw away(ie. mobo, ram, HD, etc)? They would be pollutant to the enviornment if they just dump it like every other trash.. hmm... there's a business idea... ok. nvm.......