AIMutation 1.3.1 released

Tarun

Source: AIMutation

I'm very happy to FINALLY announce the release of aiMutation 1.3.1! Just to note, this version of aiMutation is compatible with all versions of AIM up to version 5.5.3595(Which according to the AOL Ftp server is the latest OFFICIAL version of the AIM 5.5.x series) I know you all are mad that I missed the deadline that I created... well to explain a little... and this text below can also be found in the release notes on the sourceforge website....

On the Delay of 1.3.1

---------------------

We apologize for taking so long for this release, it has been a very bumpy ride for the developers. We have all had our bits of time where we have been completely unavailable to programming, due to moving, changing jobs, school work, regular work, or even just completely personal reasons. We apologize for it taking so long. To also note on the issue of the "Actual Release Date" not being made by a few days, I was out of town for Thanksgiving break from school, and I expected to have access to a computer where I could upload the new release, but I didn't have that access.

Future aiMutation 1.x Releases

------------------------------

aiMutation 1.3.1 Will not in fact be the last version of the aiMutation 1.x series as has been previously stated. In finishing this release we have figured out a number of things that are related to making aiMutation function properly with AIM 5.9 and we will most likely be releasing another version of 1.x that will include AIM 5.9 support.

Future aiMutation 2.x Releases

aiMutation 2.x will be developed full force until the point where we can get out an alpha version for people to play with. In spare time, the 1.x version compatible with AIM 5.9 will get worked on by lordicarus. There will be an update on http://www.aiMutation.com in the near future explaining the future updates and what is coming.

Keep watching the website because there will be some news coming soon about the next 1.x release as well as the 2.0 alpha!

Changelog for aiMutation 1.3.1

Fixed "Get More Skins" menu item to link to the skins page on aiMutation.com

Fixed a trivial text bug in the about window

Added IM From box to allow skinning

Fixed Bug with the IM From box displaying in the wrong place

Fixed IM Toolbar Skinning Problem(Skins need to be updated - See included get8 skin)

Fixed access to the log manager from IM windows

Fixed(kinda) The problem with New IM's not having labels on their appropriate tabs

Fixed Real Time Logging(Only up to AIM 5.5.3595)

Fixed Tab New Row Problem

Added better support for AIM version Checking(See IsAim55 function in source)

Fixed a few minor drawing issues with the buddy list

Fixed problem with Log directories not being found and not being created due to the ":" in the path

So enjoy everyone...

yea, i got it workin since you suplied the necessary files. but i haven't had a problem with it except for the buddy list half icon bug...

They have a way to go to fix that too. lordicarus said he's "in the groove" so perhaps he can get this fixed. I noticed Jason and others suggested methods but no one seems to know the exact cause. I'd figure it's not that hard to track down. It's bound to be related to the drawing of the buttons at the bottom of AIM.

In fact, when I upgraded and found it didn't work well on AIM 5.5.3595 which they recommended, I installed 5.5.3598 with AIM AdHack. Removes ads, feels stable though I'm watching for problems. Thus far I like it. Found it on www.etplanet.com for version 5.5.3599, but seems to work just great with 5.5.3598. Especially since 5.5.3599 is just the business version. Just hope you ran Ad-Aware and SpyBot after installing. I've noted SpyBot catches a few pieces of spyware that Ad-Aware misses with AIM 5.5's installs.

hm...looks interesting

anyone have opinions on AIM enhancing mods? (aim+, middle man, dead aim, aimutation, etc.)

which one's "best"?

I've used and liked AIMutation for a while now. However with as buggy as 1.3.1a is I decided to use AIM Ad-Hack for AIM 5.5.3598 (found at www.etplanet.com) in order to remove ads and a few other features.