removing everything

tmc034

Can someone please tell me if I can remove everything from my pc just like starting over. I did this once but cant remember how. I want it to be just like when I bought it...I hope this makes sence...thanks

I guess so....Can you tell me how to do that? I really need someone who can explain it in very simple terms...lol. I would appreciate any help you can give me. I have a restore cd for winxp and I have done it before, but I had lost my xp that time. I still have everything , I havent lost any programs but I do need to know how to get it gone. I hope I am making sense. Thanks for the response.

First check out this page:

Clean-install guide

From what you say, it looks like you haven't had prior experience of doing a clean-install. Now since doing it in the wrong way can make your system become totally unusable, or lose all data on it, its important that someone who knows it should carry it out. You might find it better to call a friend over to your home, since help over a forum can only be to a certain extent - it can be frustrating to wait for answers, and since you may not tell the full details it may be time-consuming, and lastly that the PC from which you are posting is going to not be able to access the internet when doing an install.

Depending on the manufacturer, HP or Dell for instance, you should have received recovery CD's when you purchased the PC. You could use those to reinstall all the software that came with your system.

If you have a white box, home built PC, follow the guide prathapml pointed you to.