JFK Reloaded

Tarun

Source: CNN.com

Kennedy assassination re-created in video game

The release of "JFK Reloaded" is timed to coincide with the 41st anniversary of Kennedy's murder in Dallas and was designed to demonstrate a lone gunman was able to kill the president.

"It is despicable," said David Smith, a spokesman for Massachusetts Sen. Edward Kennedy, the late president's brother. He was informed of the game on Friday but declined further comment.

Kirk Ewing, managing director of the Scottish firm Traffic Games, which developed the game, said he understood some people would be horrified at the concept, but he insisted he and his team had nothing but respect for Kennedy and for history.

"We believe that the only thing we're exploiting is new technology," said Ewing, a former documentary filmmaker and senior executive with Scottish developer VIS, responsible for games like "State of Emergency." He said he sent Edward Kennedy a letter before the game's release.

Ewing said the game was designed to undermine the theory there was some shadowy plot behind the assassination. "We believe passionately there was no conspiracy," he said.

Traffic Games said the objective was for a player to fire three shots at Kennedy's motorcade from assassin Lee Harvey Oswald's digitally recreated sixth-floor perch in the Texas School Book Depository.

Points are awarded or subtracted based on how accurately the shots match the official version of events as documented by the Warren Commission, which investigated Kennedy's assassination.

Shooting the image of Kennedy in the right spots in the right sequence adds to the score, while "errors" like shooting first lady Jacqueline Kennedy lead to deductions.

Each shot can be replayed in slow motion, and the bullets can be tracked as they travel and pass through Kennedy's digitally recreated body. Players can choose to see blood by pressing a "blood effects" option.

Players can view the motorcade from a number of angles, including the perspective of filmmaker Abraham Zapruder and a view from the "grassy knoll" where some conspiracy theorists believe a second gunman was stationed.

The game will be available via download for $9.99.

thats just Fu**ed up. I saw this on CNN this mornin and theres ballistics examination and slow motion. anyone that makes and releases a game of the assassination of in my opinion one of the greatest presidents needs to be assassinated themselves.

just shows what people would make for some money...

I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see that a lot of people actually download this game.

One thing I must wonder is the following, would this be jailable? I ponder that considering how any speak of *coughing* the President (current or former) is a jailable offense.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, which I'm pretty sure I am. ;)

Edited for Bi0. ;)

Edited by Tarun

I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see that a lot of people actually download this game.

One thing I must wonder is the folowing, would this be jailable?  I ponder that considering how any speak of assassinating the President (current or former) is a jailable offense.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, which I'm pretty sure I am.  ;)

last time i checked even having Assassination and President in the same sentance was a jailable offense.... :whistle:

One thing I must wonder is the folowing, would this be jailable?  I ponder that considering how any speak of *coughing* the President (current or former) is a jailable offense.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, which I'm pretty sure I am.  ;)

last time i checked even having Assassination and President in the same sentance was a jailable offense.... :whistle:

Ahh, then they'd get you too! lol!

After many years of research books and movies I have read or seen (High Treason, Profiles in Courage, JFK by Oliver Stone, 4 Days in November and all the usual News Specials) Nothing has come as close as this game to put things into perspective. I can see all the negative reviews considering the nature of the game but if you look at it from a forensic science perspective It comes as close to the real thing as possible. When looking from Oswald’s sites it takes you back to November 22, 1963 at 12:30 CST in Dallas, Texas. The difficult nature of reproducing the actual shots makes it nearly impossible of a perfect score of 1000. However it is possible to come close. For only $9.99 I thought the price was excellent and the chance of winning up to 100K made me even more interested. So if you don’t like violence or the idea of the game itself don't buy the game. It is not Doom or any other first person shooter it is a computer generated forensic science environment. Every shot you take and even your shot timing effects your score. Based on the Warren Commissions report and the Zapruder film it is as accurate as possible. No conspiracy theories come into play.