Competing Email Services

cancer10

Hmm.. It looks as though they are competing for features again.

GMail is now offering POP3 Access, but you have to wait for them to put it on your account. Check out their article here: http://gmail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=10350

Yahoo! figured they had to compete, so now they are offering POP3 access, and they haven't done that for their free users since 2000..

GMail also offers their users the chance to forward all of their mail or select messages to another email address, and now.. Guess what? Yahoo! is doing it too. I have no clue about hotmail because IMHO, Hotmail SUCKS! And I stopped using it years ago when all I got was spam.

There are MANY MANY new features to come, and I can't wait. Keep your eyes peeled.

I have been using Hotmail for years and I rarely get any "spam". I get maybe one weird e-mail a week and it quickly goes to my Trash Bin where it is deleted. I recently got 250 MBs in my Hotmail account and 2 MBs was more than I ever needed. I only get e-mail from 2 or 3 people and half the time all one person sends me are forwards which are automatically deleted because I HATE forwards. "Send this to 20 people or your girlfriend will leave you, no joke! Don't break the chain!" What a bunch of BS! Who comes up with this trash and even bothers with it in the first place. I think people have to be missing quite a few bolts to go along with this crap. Anyways, I'm fine with Hotmail. That's my say.

I have been using Hotmail for years and I rarely get any "spam".

I have to say like cancer10 on this one. IO signed up several times for a hotmail account just to try it out. Created the account, didn't give the address to anyone at all, didn't use it at all. Every single time I'd check it, there would be dozens if not hundreds of spam emails to delete (since I didn't use it, all I was getting is spam). So I gave up on it completely. They also offered less space and I don't like their site.

Yahoo mail, at times you're fairly spam free, sometimes you get a bit more (to be expected as spammers come up with new tricks and that they're countered). No major complaints.

Gmail... I have yet to receive my first spam email in any of my 3 accounts. The only downside is, I don't really feel like switching all my accounts with various sites (eCommerce, forums, etc) and friends/family to a new gmail account for the limited gain of more storage space that I don't really need.

So I'm still mostly with yahoo and use gmail as secondary.