$OEM$ Folder not copying itself to HD..

Where, when and how are you changing the user name to say 'Adiel'?, are you changing it from another name or are you creating it as a new user? without this information, I fear your going to continue getting similar replies!

Cool it you all!

@Adiel

What do you want? Just to create a user called "Adiel" (with admin privileges) and auto-login with that user-name, right?

Let's keep it simple - dump any of the registry tweak/winnt.sif/batch-file portions that deal with user creation/login. Then, do the below:

1. In notepad, paste the below text:

[UserInfo]
Identity001="Adiel"

2. Save it as "oobeinfo.ini" (it should *NOT* have .txt extension).

3. Put that file in your uA CD in this folder structure:

$OEM$\$$\System32\OOBE\oobeinfo.ini

4. That's it, create your ISO (or CD) and test it.

You can do a lot more with oobeinfo.ini, try searching for it.

PSHAW!!!!!! The unattended CD official guide really needs to have a revamp with this method instead. Its simpler for starting out.

Ok , let me explain the whole thing more clearly :

i made a user controlled winnt.sif - which means i can view the settings

i've created and change them . so in the installation , when i'm getting

to the user part of the the winnt.sif i'm changing it from user to "Adiel"

so far so good ? i named the accound adiel .

then i set the administrator password .

so far so good ? after changing / adding those setting , installation begins .

at the end of it , the computer reboots , and then the welcome screen appears.

now its the problem - instead of seeing the account i named "Adiel" with no password,

i see only the Administrator account with the password i made.

i just want to see the account i named Adiel in the welcome screen .

i don't want it AutoLogon !! cuz im installing the windows on my friend

PC, and i want him to choose is own username (that's the reason i made

user controlloed winnt.sif) ..

I hope i made myself clear , i don't want autologon the user, i just want to

see the user i made in the welcome screen , instead of seeing the Administrator account there.

Sorry for making it so complicated, i hope you understand what i want now .

Yes, now its clearer. I still say you can use oobeinfo.ini. In this case, don't have the oobeinfo.ini existing already - you should have it created dynamically.

If you don't want auto-logon, you need to create atleast 2 user accounts. So create a batch-file that asks for user to input user-name, and then that username should be taken as %useradd% variable. So then, consider that %useradd% is now equal to the word Adiel. So then continue the batch-file with these commands:

echo [UserInfo] >> %systemroot%\System32\OOBE\oobeinfo.ini
echo Identity001="any_other_name" >> %systemroot%\System32\OOBE\oobeinfo.ini
echo Identity002="%useradd%" >> %systemroot%\System32\OOBE\oobeinfo.ini

(remember, until the above commands, the oobeinfo.ini file should not already exist)

And then, this (the above commands/batch-files) should be executed before first-boot. That's because the OOBE is executed at first-boot. Maybe you can execute the commands at T-12 (or even before that thru WinPE or whatever).

Yes, now its clearer. I still say you can use oobeinfo.ini. In this case, don't have the oobeinfo.ini existing already - you should have it created dynamically.

If you don't want auto-logon, you need to create atleast 2 user accounts. So create a batch-file that asks for user to input user-name, and then that username should be taken as %useradd% variable. So then, consider that %useradd% is now equal to the word Adiel. So then continue the batch-file with these commands:

echo [UserInfo] >> %systemroot%\System32\OOBE\oobeinfo.ini
echo Identity001="any_other_name" >> %systemroot%\System32\OOBE\oobeinfo.ini
echo Identity002="%useradd%" >> %systemroot%\System32\OOBE\oobeinfo.ini

(remember, until the above commands, the oobeinfo.ini file should not already exist)

And then, this (the above commands/batch-files) should be executed before first-boot. That's because the OOBE is executed at first-boot. Maybe you can execute the commands at T-12 (or even before that thru WinPE or whatever).

Sorry , but i didn't really get it .

i need to create a batch file like you made , and excute him .. when??

and through what ? cmdlines? winnt.sif ??

and if its excuted , i can specify in window that will popup (i think that what's gonna happen

after the excution right?) the desired username ??

Sorry for the so many questions :} and thanks for the help .

Well, first use the oobeinfo.ini method in the way I said (the simpler direct way, 5 posts above). Once you start to do it, you'll understand it. :)

You made a user-controlled winnt.sif, right? You need to execute the batch-file at whatever time you are having that user-controlled winnt.sif applied. Execute it through cmdlines. And you need to create the batch-file yourself - to get the user to input a variable (you know command-line scripting?)

but i don't get it .. if i'll speciefy the username on the oobeinfo.ini ,

then i won't be able to change it beacause is already will be set in

this file , and i won't be able to change user (cuz the user already set

in this file) ..

and no , i don't know cmd scripting :|

**** , i think i'll just give up the whole unattended thing , and make my cd with no winnt.sif ..

so complicated , so many problems .. :no:

I suggest you specify the username in the file.

Yes you won't be able to change it - but I say, do it so you can understand how it works. At the next step, you can make the username change-able.

Yes, it is a long climb to do what you're trying - but its not too difficult. Just *START* at step 1, you will reach step 10 after some time. If you refuse to start walking, you'll never reach where you want to go!

Would it not just be simpler to use your unattended CD but change the winnt.sif with your friends product key and user info, and stick it on a floppy. The install will then use that one instead of the one on the CD and apply their specific settings instead of yours.

Would it not just be simpler to use your unattended CD but change the winnt.sif with your friends product key and user info, and stick it on a floppy. The install will then use that one instead of the one on the CD and apply their specific settings instead of yours.

That one's another good way too. But I don't use it since I hate floppies (they don't last for more that 5 days) and want them to die! :lol:

Seriously, I still don't get it :) From what I understand, you want to change the username through winnt.sif? If so, this isn't possible :P If you mean this part, it has nothing to do with your account:

[UserData]
  FullName="User"
  OrgName="Home"
  ComputerName=Computer

If you want to create a new username or rename the administrator account, the easiest way would be a batch- / vbscript.

@Tsunami ,

i don't know how to generate batchfile that will do the work and i don't know a thing VBScripts.

@prathapml ,

i've now finished the ISO test with the oobeinfo.ini , and still - in the welcome screen

i see the Administrator account and not the account "Adiel" .. i made the oobeinfo.ini

in the exact way like you told me ..