$OEM$ Folder not copying itself to HD..

I really can only tell you to search for the main thread that deals with oobeinfo.ini - and follow what's there. Maybe there was a slight user-error. ;) That thread will tell you all you need to know about it.

mmm after searching , i found what the problem is :

According to this, you can't have both OOBE and an unattended gui install.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289657

i guess i can't use both of them .. :}

anymore suggestions fellows ?? :unsure:

Well, it will skip OOBE (as in, you can't fill in any usernames), but it should process oobeinfo.ini...

I don't understand. if it skips the OOBEINFO file , how can i proccess it ?

OR in other words

What do you mean by saying " it will proccess it" ?

:hello:

ha ha....

MS has always made crap statements.

I'm using oobeinfo.ini with no problems. I've posted in detail about it here: link to topic. We can't really see what could be wrong elsewhere with your CD - can only just say our own experiences and then hope that you'd be willing to spend enough time to do it for your purpose as well. :thumbup

ha ha....

MS has always made crap statements.

I'm using oobeinfo.ini with no problems. I've posted in detail about it here: link to topic. We can't really see what could be wrong elsewhere with your CD - can only just say our own experiences and then hope that you'd be willing to spend enough time to do it for your purpose as well. :thumbup

Ok , now i've seen it but i don't want to use a reg tweak so it will work .

i have to format today , so i think for today i'll make the cd with no winnt.sif at

all cuz the format is urgent , but i got another question - how i make the OEM folder

copy itself to HD without winnt.sif and without OEMPreinstall=Yes ??

same thing in "source.bat" file ( for copying recovery console )

:)

One thing you should know, is that the cmdlines.txt file in $OEM$ folder is processed like a batch-file. And it will be processed whether you have winnt.sif or not. So, for example, if you have the $OEM$ folder in root of CD, and a folder called PLSCOPY and cmdlines.txt and any batch-file (example, FILE.CMD) inside $OEM$.

Example contents of cmdlines.txt:

[Commands]
".\FILE.CMD"

Example contents of FILE.CMD:

@echo off
CLS
xcopy /E /H /R /Y PLSCOPY %systemdrive%
EXIT

That's it. That will copy the folder called PLSCOPY to C:\ drive. I hope that the examples made it clear for use? You can add more commands for app-install, for RunOnceEX or whatever - to the batch-file.

One thing you should know, is that the cmdlines.txt file in $OEM$ folder is processed like a batch-file. And it will be processed whether you have winnt.sif or not. So, for example, if you have the $OEM$ folder in root of CD, and a folder called PLSCOPY and cmdlines.txt and any batch-file (example, FILE.CMD) inside $OEM$.

Example contents of cmdlines.txt:

[Commands]
".\FILE.CMD"

Example contents of FILE.CMD:

@echo off
CLS
xcopy /E /H /R /Y PLSCOPY %systemdrive%
EXIT

That's it. That will copy the folder called PLSCOPY to C:\ drive. I hope that the examples made it clear for use? You can add more commands for app-install, for RunOnceEX or whatever - to the batch-file.

Ok , its clear :)

now one more question - i need to change folders names don't i ??

cuz if i'll leave them like $OEM$ , $1 , $$ etc .. they will copy in their names and

won't convert their names ..

e.g -

if i use copy command on the folder $$ - it will copy it in its name and won't copy

as \WINDOWS folder like it should be using winnt.sif ..

you understand what i'm trying to say ?? (sorry 4 my bad english :whistle: )

and if you do ( i hope so :lol: ) , so do i need to change the folders names ??