Run winnt.sif from floppy?

Having WINNT.SIF on a floppy, at the root of the disk directory is also the Microsoft supported and recommended way to do CD-ROM based unattended installations.

It also allows for more flexibility in changing User and Component information if you have multiple installs to do.

@NukeLed

it might be easier to put the winnt.sif on CD but if you need to change info such as Windows Key or user info then you dont have to keep on re-burning the cd.

I have to install many computers per week so this is a sufficient way of doing it.

I also have my account.cmd and autologon.reg on the floppy with a command from cmdlines to use the floppy.

[COMMANDS]

"a:\account.cmd"

CODE]

• 3 weeks later...

@BritishBulldog

what do you do if your computer has no floppy drive?

is there a way of beeing asked for a name, company, cd-key etc. after boot and before installation and that information beeing saved on hd or a ramdrive?!?

sorry if this has already been asked somewhere else in the forum. i didn't find any information.

@fincher

Yes, its possible.

You can either use oobeinfo.ini for adding of basic info later on. Or if you want full-fledged control of those parameters, you need to see SysPrep. (search this forum for info about it)

Just FYI, if you want to use SysPrep, ensure that your CD (or the $OEM$ folder from network share, if so) is not accessible during SysPrep run. If your $OEM$ folder is accessible, your cmdlines.txt will again be run (which I don't think you would like ;) ).