Only In Japan

piaqt

Imagine the situation:

You are sitting on the bus. Suddenly an elderly woman takes of her left shoe and conects it to her celluar phone. 2 min after she is playing Unreal !!!

You are amased, but soon you get bored. You sit back and read the paper. The bus stops and another woman gets on. She starts talking to the first woman .. bla bla bla bla. Then she takes out her teeth and turns them on *click*, brrrrrmm. 30 seconds later the two women are playing UT via WLAN ...

This is the point were you get of the bus and drown yourself ....

Things keep getting more and more Xtreme!

Imagine the situation:

You are sitting on the bus. Suddenly an elderly woman takes of her left shoe and conects it to her celluar phone. 2 min after she is playing Unreal !!!

You are amased, but soon you get bored. You sit back and read the paper. The bus stops and another woman gets on. She starts talking to the first woman .. bla bla bla bla. Then she takes out her teeth and turns them on *click*, brrrrrmm. 30 seconds later the two women are playing UT via WLAN ...

This is the point were you get of the bus and drown yourself ....

As I said ... Japs are weird

I'm half Japanese - i'm not weird, neither is my mom. I think people who like to put piercings in strange private places are weird - i'm starting to think you "Denz" are weird too............naw, that would sound prejudiced.

"Jap" is a racist term.

If you think the Japanese are "out there" how about the rave kids nowadays - or how about gothic kids - the Japanese race is no more "out there" than the rest of the world.

There is a native tribe that puts "hockey puck" like disks in their lower lip so it gets all stretched out - they don't think it's weird.

Do I think kids now-a-days are weird? Probably no more so than I was when I was growing up and had long hair and rode a motorcycle around (I still ride though!)

We are so used to looking at other races as weird and fail to look at our own, and what they are doing. Just because people on our own soil do strange things, doesn't make it more normal than the rest of the world.

What the media is looking at is a very small section of the population - most Japanese do not dress like that or do those crazy things you see on TV.

In fact there is probably is more "weirdness" here in the USA.

And to use a blanket statement "Japs are weird" - meaning all Japanese? - sounds prejudiced and racial - let alone....ignorant. - and I sure wouldn't use the "N" word to describe someone from African or other descent.

i agree with you there lynch, to a point, i dont think jap is racist, no more than being called a Brit.

go on call me a brit.. ohh noo please stop the racial slurs! :mellow:

yet it isnt right to call someone from pakistan a paki, or someone from nigeria a nigger?

An asian comedian was on TV the other day, she uses the word Paki, why? as she says "the more you use it the more you take it away from the racists" which is correct. Huggy bear and Richard Briar both used the word nigger proficly in their acts, they gave the same reason for doing so.

im sick of not being able to fly the union jack or the st Georges cross in my country, WHY? because if you do you are branded a racist and a skin head etc.

odd.. american streets are full of stars and stripes and nobody calls them all KKK members.

When i was at school when i was about 13 the teachers would flip out if you called the board a "black board" because its rascist apparantly, bollox, its a black board, oddly because its black. they had no problem calling one of those pen board things a "white board" (until that is i kicked off and demanded it be called something else because 'white board' is a racial slur an i was deeply offended by it heheh )

Political correctness is a disease, kill it.

Jap or Nip is offensive to a Japanese person. So out or respect I won't use it. But then again who cares - I don't want to be "politicaly correct" The next black person I see i'm going to say "Wassup Nigger" That's what we need to do - is be de-sensitized. If what I say hurts your feelings in any way - well that's your problem because i'm excercising my right to speak the way I want to and I don't care who I step on in the processs.

Or then again maybe I should have more respect and address another human being in a more polite manner and full title they deserve. I always address another adult with the proper Mr. Mrs. Ms. or Sir - unless I know them. It's the way I was brought up. Using racial slurs, to me, "sounds" uneducated.

To me, this has nothing to do with being "politically correct". It's about being a decent, respectful human being. Being aware of other's feelings and taking care not to hurt them is part of maturity. When you respect others you will gain their respect. Treating others with dignity and respect only encourages growth in your own character.

I don't think "Brit" quite makes it there in the offensive racial slur terminology list - besides, you guys probably like it!...lol J/K - I already knew you guys are weird! :) - maybe i'm wrong but I have never used it. I refer as British - so there is an extra syllable - big deal.

\

I just looked up Jap in the online dictionary - this is what it said

The dictionary entry you requested contains language that may be considered offensive.

Encarta takes seriously its responsibility both to encourage learning and to respect the role of parents in their children’s education. We have rated our dictionary content according to the guidelines of the Internet Content Rating Association (ICRA). You can set your Internet browser to block potentially objectionable material, including dictionary entries that may be considered offensive.

I then looked up Brit:

Dictionary  

Brit [ brit ] (plural Brits)

noun

British person: a British person ( informal )

[Early 20th century. Shortening.]

using a racial slur says more about the person using it than the person or people it's directed to.

No Racism, No Threatening, No (citing) Victimization (via PM) or Hateful posts

Lynch, you own!

I love your last post...

I know this post might be meaning less, but read the post before mine..

Think about it...

BTW: Jack, Ive noticed while I was in school, everyone called the green board, a black board.... :)