What is the best internet setup?

mattking

Those from experience in this area can hopefully answer this question. I live in the UK and broadband ADSL has recently become available in my area and at a a reasonable price to (about an extra £4 per month) my question is this:

What is the cheapest adsl modem which can act as a router (only between two computers), firewall and modem, while I do want a secure system my primary concern is price.

I have checked ADSL sites for this but most just describe ADSL itself.

Also, if any of you reading this are from the UK and can recommend a cheap, reliable ISP which charges about £20 per month that would help to.

Thanks

Hi there,

The best ADSL modem router I have found is the Netgear DG814, Click here for Product info I have used this ADSL modem router for several home network installations and it is easy to configure literally it is just plug and go. Costs about £109 including VAT which is good for a device that includes ADSL modem, Router and 4 port 10/100Mbps switch.

Thanks

HM

thats a **** good price considering a modem alone can cost you £100, such as the Alcatel Speedtouch everyone seems to get on ADSL.

Because it uses USB ive noticed ADSL users (or cable users who are too stingy to buy a NIC card and cable) get a small "safeley remove hardware" icon in the system tray, bugging thing.

know how to turn it off and not just hide it?