Audio Galaxy is CRAP

FthrJACK

used to be good.. now its always busy servers and lots of pricks uploading MP3 ripped off the bloody radio.. (and bad quality radio at that!) and half a song with half another song on end etc.. d*******s spoiling it again, same as on edonkey, lost of cocks uploading beta copies and passing them off as final issues and editing files that are beta to make them look like final ( faked system works 2002 is all over edonkey DO NOT GET IT YOU CANT WIPE IT OFF!!!):grump

why do silly little cocksuckers spoil stuff when its good? --- all the time! some folks should be banned from net for spoiling it for rest of us

Agreed man...how do you know what you are getting??? I really miss Napster! Those were the days! I have tried using Bearshare with mixed results, usually very difficult to get a good connection as was the case with edonkey. If you want it really and truly right you gotta uhummm...buy it from the store or a trusted friend.

Rick

Guest LouCypher

So what's wrong w/ Kazaa/Morpheus/Grokster?

I get the best downloads off of them, much better (IMHO) than eDonkey or Napster. If I need something REAL big then I check Usenet.

**** u guys can't mean that AG sux? It rulz T00 much ! Have u tried the latest version? The server problem has become much better, but u are right that there are many songs thats f***ed up ! But give it a try agin, ill say its worth it !

i used latest version, i only got it back again the day i posted that message and yes.. its full of mp3 files ripped off the radio and the servers are always down.

Morpheus is excellent for mp3 and music vids. BE WARNED withing 30 minutes of using it i got a virus, but norton killed it strait off.. always have your anti virus prog running and scann all downloads.. watch out for mp3 files with artist set as "unknown" these are viruses 90% of the time. Morpheous and kazza are the same thing! ( look at the part finnished downloads, they are called "kazzafile854858.bat" etc. im sure they use the same servers even.. though ive not checked and dont have kazza on the pc anymore.

check it out wor... its miles beter :) oh.. and if your on DSL or cable you usually get mp3 in under 4 minutes, compared to 10 - 15 on audio galaxy

Morpheus locks on me every time I use it. Talked to Xperties and the same thing happens to him. Are you using this without probs under XP? I was able to use it for awhile and it did have a bunch of good stuff on there. Much better than Bearshare but it won't work on my XP!!!

Rick:grump

Guest LouCypher

Yes, Morpheus/Kazaa/Grokster are all the same thing. They're just different frontends for the same network interface. Even the API calls are the same. If you have more than one of them installed (like Morpheus and Kazaa) and one of them is running (Kazaa) then you can click on the icon for the other program (Morpheus) and it'll just bring to the foreground whichever one of them is already running (Kazaa) instead of opening two instances.

I've been using Kazaa Media Desktop 1.3.3 since I first installed XP on my machine (devilsown) with very few problems. I have noticed a tendency to lockup if I try to "Find more from same User" and that user has a LARGE collection of files to share. It doesn't give me any problems sharing a large amount of files. I've got 9.51GB of Mp3, 3.8GB of VqF, 1.85GB of "misc warez", and 12.8GB of videos and moviez. I can share all w/o problems.

Guest LouCypher

FastTrack licenses the use of their network to other companies and allows them to repackage the FastTrack software as their own and recoup the cost of licensing with revenue from ads in the program. Kazaa itself installs the spyware TimeSink client TSADBOT.EXE to get their ads.

If you use all three you'll see it's the EXACT same program, with different icons for the toolbar and different names, that's all. There's lots of Nutella clients out there but most of them are pretty different, even though they use the same network.

It's pretty easy to block the ads though. All you have to do is put a Deny rule on port 80 connections from Kazaa, bye bye ads.