[Release]: TCPIP.SYS Patch RTM.2180 (100 Connec.)

First of all, thanks so much!!  :thumbup  :thumbup
Finally, the checksum of this modified file is 5c381. If you want QFECheck to report KB884020 as properly installed, edit the registry entry (which I gave in an earlier post in this thread) with that value.
Not to be rude, but I've searched through this thread and I don't know/see which reg entry you mean. Maybe you could repost?
Sorry, that was on my other forum:

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=415#415

also, when does this regtweak need to be applied? anytime?
No, it doesn't matter when you apply it.
is there any way to test if the file has been 'properly' installed (how do i know if 100 connections are allowed on my system?)
I have no clue. I personally don't even use it. From what I've been told, though, is that you'll notice when you use P2P programs like eDonkey.

is there any way to test if the file has been 'properly' installed (how do i know if 100 connections are allowed on my system?)

if you feel your p2p programs slower than with sp1, if you got a low-id when connecting to donkey net or if you find another similar issue, then the file hasn't been 'properly' installed

I have no clue. I personally don't even use it. From what I've been told, though, is that you'll notice when you use P2P programs like eDonkey.

I found a way. If you run "EvID4226Patch.exe", it will tell you what the current set value is. :)

the checksum of this modified file is 5c381. If you want QFECheck to report KB884020 as properly installed, edit the registry entry (which I gave in an earlier post in this thread) with that value.
Not to be rude, but I've searched through this thread and I don't know/see which reg entry you mean. Maybe you could repost?
Sorry, that was on my other forum:

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=415#415

Ryan, could you post the actual coding for the .reg file to modify this setting and make QFECheck to report KB884020 as properly installed? I'm not the best at reg files..

Thanks so much.

the checksum of this modified file is 5c381. If you want QFECheck to report KB884020 as properly installed, edit the registry entry (which I gave in an earlier post in this thread) with that value.

Ok, I went into regedit, and saw that the original "BuildCheckSum"="5c327"

I applied the regtweak below (and checked in regedit, it was successfully applied), but QFEcheck still said "This hotfix should be reinstalled."

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP3\KB884020\Filelist\0]
"BuildCheckSum"="5c381"

why doesn't it work? how do i fix it?

Edited by a06lp

How did you install it? Is this on a fresh Windows install with the file in i386?

exactly.

Clean WinXp-SP2 (your update pack 1.04), with the file i linked to above simply placed into the i386 dir of the cd (before burning the cd, obviously)

The only reason I can think of why it would be doing that is that the file doesn't match up with what the KB884020 security catalog has told Windows File Protection to look for. I'm wondering if it were removed from svcpack.inf if it would work.

any way to test that?

also, maybe you can verify that it isn't just my machine thats having this problem - if you include it in your 1386 and then apply the regtweak i posted, does it work for you?

It says:

KB884020: This hotfix should be reinstalled.

The following files are not valid in the system catalog:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\TCPIP.SYS

PS - is there a better way to copy from a cmd window than actually typing it out?