IF You could talk to Microsoft!

LS_Dragons

Hey all:

If you could talk to Microsoft about features/technologies that should be implemented into Windows XP in the 2 years between now and Longhorn.... WHAT WOULD YOU ASK FOR and WHY? Note - I plan to use your input so please be clear in what and why.

Thanks All - LS_Dragons

Microsoft need to fix many of the Windows Explorer glitches that have passed on from previous windows OSs. Its gotten a lot worse actually, with folders forgetting your settings, and acting irregular at times. They should rebuild the windows explorer code really.

yea, if they would build a nice new operating system from the ground up, non bloatware, and written by their own coders...that would be nice...or they could go the mac way and have it based on a unix core. maybe they could even go opensource :)

You guys are not reading the question (except for AaronXP). I am asking what NEW TECHNOLOGIES or FEATURES you would like to see between NOW and LONGHORN. I do not really think MS will 'build a new OS' to release between now and when they release their next 'new OS. I am really looking for serious input. I will be presenting any of your serious thoughts (through the company I work for) to Microsoft - so give it some thought and maybe your wish list will be granted.

Oh - and piaqt - I will make sure you get a free copy :-)

LS

OK.

Autodisconnect keeps not working, even though all the appropriate boxes are checked. I frequently have to UNcheck them, reboot, then re-check them.

For some reason, perhaps the same, system information always list autodisconnect as disabled.

Cookies are buggy.

LOTS of hangs (non-responsives) in OE and IE.

Fixes would be nice.

And yes, I've installed each service pack and update as it becomes available.

Similarly to Aaron i would like to see some serious advancments in the holes and bugs relating to IE. There have been way too many recently and they are seriously being taken advantage of.

Also i would like to see some changes and tweaks to the GUI. Its been the same since 95, and i think some modification would be a good idea....not exactly sure what but, some revamping would be nice.

:)

-Drew

PIA u tried your RAM and also getting new drivers for graphics?

LS-- i would like to see some of the hardware and software for the "wired home" coming out.

Eg, a box i can put in my electrical cupboard, various mics around the house. when i walk in i can say "computer - lights 5" star trek style, its hardware and software possible right now (look at media players voice feature).. so where is it?

there could be a program we run in the background, hardware makers bring out new "boxes" we plug into a main "control" box thats connected to the pc, install the cd and it adds that boxes features and settings to the program on the pc.. like plug ins.

you could have a box that runs your garden pinds fountain and feeds the fish at 6oclock and turns the sprinklers on at 8pm for example.

imagine you could have a tablet pc on the wall on a drop on charger.. like a cordless phone, you walk in the house "computer - lights - 5" and the pc sets the dimmer. then using your tablet pc you time the bath to run at 7pm and what temp u want it at, you then plonk the tablet pc back on its charger and go in the living room, "media player - playlist - rock1" and the music come sout of the stereo.

you get the idea, and i dont mean this new "freestyle" system.. but its an advancement on that i suppose.

I went to the growing business awards last December, Gates was there giving a speech, he didnt chat to anyone as he was kept out of the way.

But if I would talk to Microsoft, I would love to speak with them about there licensing policies as I totally disagree with the way it is. It would be nice for them to sit on our side of the fence. I am an IT Manager and the licensing they currently provide through OLP is not set out clear its difficult to understand and since after 31st July the prices are rediculous.

Thx

HM

LoL!

My friends mom, thinks her other son is a COMPUTER GENIOUS, because he knows AOL better then anyone..

:D

And she swore, she wrote a letter to Microsoft, about a college scholarship, that they could grant him..

LoL!

Because of AOL...

Hahaha.....Microsoft sent her back a letter, declinin'

from Mrs.Gates herself.....

:):rolleyes::D