help:: how to set the bg color of HTML files in IE

chee

whenver you open a new IE browser window,you get a blank window before an actual page is loaded and shown. yet this could damage the eyes greatly cause the background color of most of the web pages are set to be WHITE, which does

dazzle the eyes!

could any one write a tweak (a small one) to solve this problem?

i've got this idea but i am unable to realize it cause i'm not a skillful

programmer:

preload the web page---> call the tweak to find out the key word bg in the html source of the corresponding web page and change the background colour to the desied one---->export the page to the window

anyway, if anyone has suggestions,please tell me !

my e-mail is:cheekov@163.com

thanks

bow~

chee,

I think it would be easier if you just make an html page with the background colour you like and set it as "home page" in IE prefernces.

As this page is on HD it will load in no time.

Then you can put on this "local" start page a link to your "real" home page.

This would solve just the initial blank page flash though.

I think you cannot really do what you plan, as sometimes text images will not show correctly.

You could use OPERA, that allows to set "user mode" views, just now I am editing this post on a page with black background, white text, writing in a box with yellow background and black text.

jaclaz

Yes, opera is the way to go, for the purpose you describe.

You can set your own style-sheet to over-ride the web-page author's (in places where the two clash, otherwise it will use the original CSS to the max. extent possible). And in that set the bgcolor property.

thanks!

i've disabled "use windows color" and "use hover color" options and set the bg color to "grey" and, used a blank page as home page in the IE brower,now the interval is with a grey blank page falsh.

yet,on Jaclaz's word:

----

Then you can put on this "local" start page a link to your "real" home page.

This would solve just the initial blank page flash though.

---------------

i couldn't quite catch the first cited line , how two put suc a link?

and i've downloaded Opera for a trial on Parathapml's suggestion! :)

i've one more concern/request:

to change the default bg color of ANY WEBPAGE into what is shown by the web pages of www.smfn.org (i do like the page settings here very much, cause it's mild) before they are actually loaded to the IE browser window.

explicitly, i want:

for example, the default bg colour of http://www.google.com is barely white and it splashes when you fix your eyes on it. how could i change the bg color

BEFORE IT'S ACTUALLY LOADED AND THEN EXPORT IT TO THE IE BROWSER WINDOW with a desired bg color,

or with a bg as is shown here in this page.

i know some commands of c++ and little about html language, i'm not sure how long,if possible, to work this batch file/exe out,cause it's something like this:

whenever a command to open a website( that is to solve to DNS/website address is triggered),the system will call the dll to buffer the webpage and its corresponding html source code into some where on the HD,and then call a exe/bacth,sth like this,to find out and change the bg value of the source code,and then realize the edited source code into a new web page( i think i need sth like frontpage to do this),and then export it to the IE browser window.

(i thinks the process-orientated method is like this)

how could i acomplish this task if i don't use opera?

bow~

chee, sorry having not been that clear.

What I wanted to suggest was that provided your "home" page (the one set in IE preferences) is www.google.com, you could make a page like this:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="CONTENT-TYPE" CONTENT="text/html; charset=windows-1252">

</HEAD>
<body bgcolor="#d0d0d0">
<P ALIGN=CENTER><A HREF="http://www.google.com/"><FONT SIZE=7>HOME</FONT></A></P>
</BODY>
</HTML>

and save it to your HD, then point your "home" page in IE to this local page.

However, OPERA is the way to go, apart the nifty "user mode", it really rocks, I mean it is "THE FASTEST BROWSER ON EARTH", isn't it?

jaclaz

1> hi,Jito643,

i could not open the webpage given by http://www.proxomitron.org/

:(

anyway,thanks for your suggestion! what is the size of this proggy? if it's not

so big,could u do me a favour so as to e-mail it to me (cheekov@163.com)?

2>Jaclaz,

i might have misunderstood what you'd suggested. could you tell me

how could i transform the code you pasted on the thread into a web page or how could i save the code and then use it as a webpage? will M$ Notepad or Frontpage

work on this? do i need a specific html editor? :)

i've tried this MANUALLY with my classmates:

load a page-->change bg value in the source code-->fresh

it works on pages of certain kind,but failed on paged edited by Java or of the type ASP.

it's hard to manually do this to every page loaded.

:(

you could achieve a "system" where every page is loaded from a frame in another page. That "launch" page has two frames: content and a nav. bar. This basic part can be found on javascriptsource.com

The more complex part is that every time someone clicks on the "go" button (the one in the navbar frame), the page is launched and a javascript overlay (think of those js ads that popup blockers doesn't stop). The overlay, which will have a close button and a grey background, will fill most of the screen. When you see actual content along the edges, you can click on the close button and the page will be sort of "pre-loaded" manually :) Hope this isn't too confusing.

P.S. The only downside to this is that some sites have a frame detection method and will pop out of the frame. (They do it to avoid being "trapped" in other people's frames, which can lead viewers to think that the content belongs to someone else)

1. hi,Jito,

again i couldn't open the link:http://www.proxomitron.info/ :(

2. Jaclas

i've edited the code in Microsoft Notebook,Word and Frontpage by pasting it into the editing window and saving it as an HTML or ASP file,but the preview of the

edited file is just a page with a grey backgound color and text being the same as the code.

then i went the libray and found sth called Mcicosoft Script Editor and redirect in the webpage,could it be of some help to TRANSFORM THE CODE INTO A WEBPAGE?

maybe the obstacle to fully understand your words lie in the capability to manipulate the code!

3.nolookingca

i'm trying on your suggestion and am going to post my results on the thread!

:)

thanks to all!