WPI 2.0 by The Brain Many Improvments !

hi all

me and my friend gresh was working on wpi for many hours and we finaly finished our final version WPI 2.5 FINAL

there is alot of new featuer and many improvments many bugs fixing plz try it and giv us your opinion

futers added

1. timer can be turrend on or of from config.js

2. time interval could be set from config.js

3. load with defults or all or none could be set from config.js

4. timer supports up to 3600 sec 60:00 min

5. registry files support

6. forced instalation will install applications even if exit button pressed

7. next and back buttons fixed when the programs more than 20 for all reslutions

after all i am very thankful for my friend gresh (one of the members of this form)

for his time and effort

WPI_2.5_FINAL.rar

umm...

1) Nice feature...maybe set it to 120 seconds instead? It takes time to browse through all the programs

2) How about having only the DEFAULT boxes checked? (for the "default=yes" command)

3) Ok, I guess..

4) Cool

Question1: Which WPI did you use as a basis? There are now a lot of versions...

I ask this because I know "WPI_2.0b_Kampfwurscht_1.5" (which I use now) allows for up to 48 programs, while others are less than 20...

Question2: Are all other features the same as in whatever original code base you used?

i used WPI_2.0b_Kampfwurscht_1.5 as a base

i didnt change anything in the original code i just added my futuers

for 120 sec if you pressed any of the buttons defualts or select all or help or also click here to stop timer it will stop and you can browse as long as you want ;)

i used WPI_2.0b_Kampfwurscht_1.5 as a base

i didnt change anything in the original code i just added my futuers

for 120 sec if you pressed any of the buttons defualts or select all or help or also click here to stop timer it will stop and you can browse as long as you want ;)

so if you used WPI_2.0b_Kampfwurscht_1.5 - i can add up to 48 programs?

and this timer thing - there's a button to stop the timer? (sorry i havent downloaded it yet)

i still think it makes more sense to have the "defaults" selected by default, and NOT select all - this way if it's unattended, only the default stuff is installed, not every single app.

nice job though!!

are you guys working together?

there are so many versions of WPI now...

suggestion: could you make the timer hard-coded on or off? Because I want to be able t install windows, and maybe come back an hour or two later and have it waiting on the WPI install screen. I want it unattended UNTIL WPI. Clearly, some people want the timer feature, so maybe you can have an option in the actual coding to turn it on or off, without having to click the "stop" button.

this is a part of new config.js (WPI 2.0)

prog[4]=['Nero']

desc[4]=['']

regb[4]=['','']

cmd1[4]=['cdrom','Software\\nero\\setup.exe']

cmd2[4]=['','']

cmd3[4]=['','']

rega[4]=['','']

dflt[4]=['yes']

this is my old part of generate.js (1.2 beta)

//nero 6

if (document.inner.WPI.chkbox012.checked){

WshShell.regWrite(KeyBase + "\\60\\", "Nero 6", "REG_SZ");

WshShell.regWrite(KeyBase + "\\60\\1", CDROM + "\install\\nero6\\nero63120.exe /silent /noreboot /no_ui /SN=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx /WRITE_SN", "REG_SZ");

WshShell.regWrite(KeyBase + "\\60\\2", "cmd.exe /c xcopy /I /E /Q /R /H /Y \"" + CDROM + "\install\\nero6\\ita\\*.*\" \"%ProgramFiles%\\Ahead\\\"", "REG_SZ");

WshShell.regWrite(KeyBase + "\\60\\3", "cmd.exe /c REGEDIT /S " + CDROM + "\install\\nero6\\tweak.reg", "REG_SZ");

WshShell.regWrite(KeyBase + "\\60\\4", "cmd.exe /c xcopy /I /E /Q /R /H /Y \"" + CDROM + "\install\\nero6\\pluginnero\\*.*\" \"%CommonProgramFiles%\\Ahead\\AudioPlugins\"", "REG_SZ");

}

how can i convert XCOPY command, QUOTES ( " " ), and variable CDROM?:
cmd.exe /c xcopy /I /E /Q /R /H /Y \"" + CDROM + "\install\\nero6\\ita\\*.*\" \"%ProgramFiles%\\Ahead\\\"