Add Makecab and Expand in SendTo

jdoe

It may be installed with INF that places needed file in needed folder and makes shortcut in SendTo menu ;)

Thanks for the idea.

I gonna try an INF compiled in SFX archive. That should be perfect for a small installer.

Well, frankly speaking I don't use INF for installing this. I install it just placing in one of the HFSLIP folders and it is CABed and integrated into my distro automatically. I just have to make this shortcut with my install.inf (installs all my regestry tweaks, arrange links and does other things during unattended):

[Version]
Signature=$CHICAGO$

[DefaultInstall]
UpdateInis = Arrange.Link

[Arrange.Link]
; Send To
setup.ini, progman.groups,, "group11=""%16393%"""
setup.ini, group11,, """CAB Tool"",""""""%11%\cabtool.exe"""""",,,,""%11%"",""cabtool.exe"""

In this example tool is in system32 because with HFSLIP it is impossible by now to install it in %ProgramFiles%.

Change it according to your needs.

Edited by Oleg_II

I added a nice pretty Icon in both 16x16 and 32x32 sizes. Looks rather XPized. The final size is only increased by 5kb. If you like it just use this one.

kelsenellenelvian,

I would be stupid to not like this icon but I'm sure you'll understand if I ask you where this icon come from.

:unsure:

If it's your own work, be sure this icon is in the next build.

• 2 months later...

It always amazes me how I stumble upon these multipage threads that have somehow escaped my attention. Just in time too. I was just going to start making a VBscript that does exactly what this does. No sense in reinventing the wheel, especially when it wouldn't be as good of a wheel :D

Thanks for the great tool.