Add Makecab and Expand in SendTo

jdoe

• 2 weeks later...

ANy chance on getting this to proccess multiple files

One thing is sure, I'm gonna try to do so for the next version. The problem is that I'm not sure about multiple selection mechanism from SendTo. It work for process like sending files to CD-RW/DVD-RW and zip I think but I did not search serioulsy how to find a way to get through this process.

My spare time is limited for now but your request in mine also and as soon as I have one week or two to work on this, I will try to add this feature. :hello:

• 1 month later...
I get an error every time I try to use this addon.

Can't initialize cabinet module

This is a reply e-mail I have sent to a person having the same problem

First CAB Tool is a VB program, so it needs the VB runtime that is integrated on XP and higher (I'm not sure on Windows 2000). If you have Windows 2000, you can download the VB runtime SP6 on microsoft web site. It's a 1Mo download.

Next, you must have two files called "catsrvut.dll" and "setupapi.dll" in your system32 folder which are needed for cabinet file creation / extraction.

These are the two reasons for this error message to be shown.

Also you can check if this CLSID is in your registry...

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MakeCab.MakeCab.1\CLSID\{8E17FFF3-C5BA-11D1-8D8A-0060088F38C8}

This registry key is on Window 2000 and higher.

Edited by jdoe

jdoe - do you have any idea why CABs created with CAB tool cause 7zip to error out when attempting to extract them? I'm inclined to say it's an issue with 7zip since no other programs have issues with them, but I'd be interested to hear your take on it.