Select Software To Install GUI interface

@Wraith

Guess taht means you'll have to make it more feature rich, while at the same time making it smaller :P

One word: Assembly.

:P

I wish I was born in a country where they talk that language.

But anywhooo, we can never have enough tools. Any new addition is welcome imo.

Im going to take a closer look an that WPI, first that nad later the other ones.

Gotta start somewhere...

Thanks for the great info people. :D

Those screenies and features are just what I needed to justify not making another program that does the same thing. Those look better, are easier to understand, nearly the same syntax and if not already finished, in fast development!

As a matter of fact, I doubt if even I will use any of them. An optional, timed "set /p" command in my runonceex.cmd will allow me to select which programs I want anyway. :P

I wrote this one in Wise 9.

form.jpg

EDIT: I know it's real rough around the edges, but that took me about 5 mins to create.

I use it on the front end. My DVD works with a floppy that you configure before you start, allowing you to choose your user names, passwords, apps to be installed, and so on.

Here is the Wise 9 source if you want to look at it.

ChooseApps.wse

I just stumbled across this but it looks cool. I built something similar using an HAT application for my WK unattended install several years ago. What I found is that it was a pain to go through and select all the check boxes for the applications I wanted to install so I added a select box with options such as Select All, Select None, Desktop, Laptop, Manager which would auto select all the desired check boxes.

When I built my XP unattended install I added support for running the files off the CD to reduce the install time. I also added select boxes for several of the check box options. For example I have an option to restore printers and an associated select box to determine which cab file to use when restoring printers. This information is simply passed to a batch file which calls Print Migrator passing it the name of the cab file.

This works for me since it is an HTA it is very easy to modify and doesn't have to be recompiled when you make changes and since I've done a lot of web development it was very simple to write.

Seashell.Reg Write - Make registry entries such as Renounces

Seashell.Run - Run an application and wait for return value

You can also use the Seashell.App Activate to active a window and Seashell.Send Keys to send keys to it (I do not recommended this method but sometime it is the only way to get the job done).

@ Jackel

I liked your idea, I might as well use it during runonceex

It could be modified to use it then. Mine actually modifies an INI file (before you ever start the install), and at RunOnceEx another app I created reads the INI and only installs the apps (and any tweaks for that app) that were chosen earlier.

I mainly put the source file there, so anyone could see how easy Wise 9 creates a GUI, with the logic/scripting needed to install apps.

My two cents,

don't blame me for this, but as most original installations are in a batch file, wouldn't be easier to do this with a Batch file visual front-end?

I am no programmer, but recently I used this tiny tool and to me it seems the most easy to use, moreover everything changeable is inside a batch file, so that you need just Notepad to change adjust something.

http://wizapp.sourceforge.net/

The runtime is just 70 kb.

It has the limit that no more than 10 Radio Buttons can be shown on the same page.

If anyone is willing to post the batch files lines, I can volunteer to make the script.

jaclaz

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I have created program like that some time ago.

See if it fits your needs.

Hi Kenny

Is there any way of executing more the one command/program per entry?

I tried this, but it only seems to execute the first entry:

[test]
RunWait = notepad.exe
RunWait = cmd.exe

Regards, Egil.

Hi Astalavista

Hope you doing good, dude. i see you are getting on with your project. Nice to see guys like RayOk and Jazkal all getting together on this..

keep it up, as I told you will come knocking at your door in a couple of months time when you have fine tuned this application.....

Hoverhead