Runceoneex scroll or windowed

Hi All!

I'm not sure what to call it

But I need to be able to have the window that pops up during the runonceex time to scroll or be side by side...

I have so much stuff in it.... it just goes off the bottom of the screen....

and you can only move it up so far to see the rest ...

Here is a picture of what I'm refering to.............

http://unattended.msfn.org/images/runonceex.gif

Thanks!

Mac!

personally, I agree, it would be nice to have a croll bar in the runonceex window...but first youd need someone that knows how to program scrollbars in a dll, then you could edit the dll that runs runonceex.cmd (ierunonce.dll I think, dont quote me on it though) I could take a look at some dll's and see if I can figure out how to put one in.

personally, I agree, it would be nice to have a croll bar in the runonceex window...but first youd need someone that knows how to program scrollbars in a dll, then you could edit the dll that runs runonceex.cmd (ierunonce.dll I think, dont quote me on it though)  I could take a look at some dll's and see if I can figure out how to put one in.

evilvoice At least you see what I am talking about...

I will have to reread the link that sleepnmojo posted again but that is basically what I will need to do.. I read the post quickly so I don't know if they came up with a fix,, or not...

Astalavista what good is it going to do by posting my runonce keys it just is to long for the screen and I need scroll bars .... there is 37 /VE entries so far and it will grow by the time I get done...

Mac!

I once posted a method to launch another RunOnceEx process (once the first list has finished) with the 2nd half of entries for people who have too many entries. Don't know if anybody's tested it though

I will give the other thread a try I see what they are saying I just have to split up the cmd ...

I know that the runonce goes low to high and will not go back to lower numbers so maybe the restart thing will work... or maybe it is....... it only reads the set of keys once then deletes as they are done... Not sure yet! so when you add more keys it doesn't see the new yet till a reboot or runonce restart.....

One issue that I see with that setup is...............

I will have to monitor the runonce keys to see if anything else that I install is adding keys for after a reboot if they are then I will have to pull them before the next set of runonce,,, cause that may cause a conflict....

Pull them then put them back... prior to the reboot..........

guestions guestions guestions,,,, I will not know till I play....

I already pull a HKLM run key then put it back on the reboot... cause what I am install gives a warning and says you need to reboot DAH DAH I know that already.. It is just when you come out of the runonceEX there is no reboot yet.. Normal the program is installed after the run keys have already ran..

Mac!

AaronXP

Posted this how to run a second runoncEX after first finishes, just

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Launching RunOnceEx 2" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\apps\RunOnceEx2.cmd" /f
rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess

EXIT

I'm not sure where it's posted but I believe it's something about dual Runonce

Aaron, I meant to try it and never have either once i got my screen size to work it stretches all the way down but not quite.

well, here is a question...runonceex waits for each command to finish before going to the next, correct? what about runonce? does it wait for a command to finish before going to the next...I ask this because then you could have your runonceex execute, then itll close runonceex and move on to runonce keys, then you could have runonce load a new runonceex.cmd and the run iernonce.dll, then once that finishes, runonce will execute the next command, which would be runonceex3.cmd and execute iernonce.dll (maybe this will get rid of the errors the other guy was having...from the other thread) but it all depends on if runonce pauses, or if it just runs everything at once...If anyone wants to know, if you reshack iernonce.dll you can make scrollbars appear...BUT, when you exectue iernonce.dll, it shortens the entire screen so nothing is displayed other than the windows text and the titlebar...so maybe if someone knows where I went wrong? I tried using edit instead of listbox, and then I tried messing with listbox, there has to be someway to get listbox to display scroll bars after running out of a specified area...I really would like to see runonceex with scrollbars.

Hi! All!

You all gave me something to play with so here is the results.....

Ok I figured it out you have to set it up like a nested for -- next loop BUT only on the bottom....

Each time you call the rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess it opens a new windows each window is on top of the last window....

and the last key is still open in the last window but it is hidden cause we didn't use the /VE on the last command

You have to up the numbers from the top down

and decrease the numbers from the bottom up..

working to the middle

BIG NOTE

Do not use the same runonce number twice or it may get written over or deleted when a key is done... Cause you are in the middle of a half A** loop..

I used the example from above but did some changes so I could play

You will have to change the %XPCD% to your path and as you run it move the windows that pop around so you can get to the runonceEX window move that one and you will see another window under it,, when you get done with the last window it will go back and close the runoncw windows backwards 6 then 5 then 4 so on.....

The only other questions is if there will be any program that drop any runonce key while we are looping if they are.......... They will have to pulled and put back on the last reboot..

Happy camping!

Mac!

RunOnceEx_1_utils.cmd

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Utilities" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Run Register Editor1" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%XPCD%\SpotRegedit.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\998 /VE /D "Run Spotcheck1" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\998 /V 1 /D "%XPCD%\Spotcheck.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\999 /V 1 /D "%XPCD%\RunOnceEx_2_mm.cmd" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\999 /V 2 /D "rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess" /f

EXIT

RunOnceEx_2_mm.cmd

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Multimedia Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /VE /D "Run Register Editor2" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 1 /D "%XPCD%\SpotRegedit.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\996 /VE /D "Run Spotcheck2" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\996 /V 1 /D "%XPCD%\Spotcheck.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\997 /V 1 /D "%XPCD%\RunOnceEx_3_system.cmd" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\997 /V 2 /D "rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess" /f

EXIT

RunOnceEx_3_system.cmd

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing System-Related Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\003 /VE /D "Run Register Editor3" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\003 /V 1 /D "%XPCD%\SpotRegedit.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\994 /VE /D "Run Spotcheck3" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\994 /V 1 /D "%XPCD%\Spotcheck.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\995 /V 1 /D "%XPCD%\RunOnceEx_4_office.cmd" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\995 /V 2 /D "rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess" /f

EXIT

RunOnceEx_4_office.cmd

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Office Software" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\004 /VE /D "Run Register Editor4" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\004 /V 1 /D "%XPCD%\SpotRegedit.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\992 /VE /D "Run Spotcheck4" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\992 /V 1 /D "%XPCD%\Spotcheck.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\993 /V 1 /D "%XPCD%\RunOnceEx_5_inet.cmd" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\993 /V 2 /D "rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess" /f

EXIT

RunOnceEx_5_inet.cmd

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Internet Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Run Register Editor5" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%XPCD%\SpotRegedit.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\990 /VE /D "Run Spotcheck5" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\990 /V 1 /D "%XPCD%\Spotcheck.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\991 /V 1 /D "%XPCD%\RunOnceEx_6_pers.cmd" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\991 /V 2 /D "rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess" /f

EXIT

RunOnceEx_6_pers.cmd

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Tweaks Then Cleanup!" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\006 /VE /D "Run Register Editor6" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\006 /V 1 /D "%XPCD%\SpotRegedit.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\989 /VE /D "Run Spotcheck6" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\989 /V 1 /D "%XPCD%\Spotcheck.cmd" /f

EXIT

Spotcheck.cmd

cls
pause

SpotRegedit.cmd

cls
regedit.exe
EXIT

Well with this method outlined by Alanoll, keys can be what ever you want...they can be reused in different subsections....there is no multiple lists displayed at one time....just one right after the other.

enjoy

WinNT.sif

[GuiRunOnce]
"%systemdrive%\Software\GuiRunOnce.cmd"

GuiRunOnce.cmd

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

for %%i in (C: D: E: F: G: H: I: J: K: L: M: N: O: P: Q: R: S: T: U: V: W: X: Y: Z:) do if exist %%i\WIN51 set CDROM=%%i

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications 1" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Installing App 1" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\App1a.exe /s" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Installing App 2" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\App2a.exe /s" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE /D "Installing App 3" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\App3a.exe /s" /f

start /wait rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications 2" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Installing App 1" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\App1b.exe /s" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Installing App 2" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\App2b.exe /s" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE /D "Installing App 3" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\App3b.exe /s" /f

start /wait rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess

EXIT

Well then your seeing some thing I'm not.

With this method applications are installed, reg tweaks applied....all prior to full logon.

GUIRunOnce & RunOnceEx execute at the same time....thus the script & and any thing else running from GUIRunOnce is being executed at the same time as RunOnceEx.

So the script and every thing done from with in it are running at the same session time as the orginal GUIRunOnce & RunOnceEx executions...well a few cpu cycles later...but...who cares. :)

Now the script adds some values to the regestry in the RunOnceEx key...it then forces a execution of that key...thus installing, applying, adding, removing,... what ever is in those sub-keys...and with each sub-key being completed...it in turn gets deleted from the registery.

Thus you can keep applying the same key values over and over agian if you so like just as long as they are in different sub-sections of the script, thus once one section is done its values will be no more...so in the next section when it adds back those sub-keys...its not over writing any thing...just making a new key.

Any ways it applys cleanly, and does do the job thats asked of it.

Just test it and see how it does, I'm sure you'll be pleased with the end result. :)

*update* Just worded it differently and added a bit more detail.

i never said your method was wrong...just run at a different time...runonce is executed after runonceex...no matter what anyone tells you...which is why I said programatically, coolsights2000 would technically be the correct method, because it STAYS in the runonceex mode, it never leaves it and goes to runonce method until it is completely done...Now, I do admit yours probably looks better because you only have 1 window at a time...and in the end Ill prolly use the method you posted...I was just making an observation just in case it comes down that someone has a problem with it, then they could go backwards a step or 2 and see...honestly, I dont think itll cause any problems, but just take a look at all the posts and im sure youll find 10% of them are about people having a problem that the person who posted the solution never counted on...So, in closing, nologic, your command works and looks better (and less files too), but if there is a problem using your files, you should let people know that they can fall back on coolsights2000's method...

I have not tested the other code but Since I posted the Coolsights way I have add ed some stuff to it ...

My questions is can you add a reboot sections cause some programs that you install reguire other things to be installed first,, then install them so you need a reboot somewhere in there between.... how would you code pick up from

I added a reboot sections at the front...

My first reboot puts you on the default desktop. and then installs all the programs.. then reboots after the last sections and puts back some short cut links.. that I pulled to prevent warning windows,,,

This is my first block of code... The ~SIDefaultuser.cmd does the logic for the user switch and the ~SIDShutDownBlocker.cmd prevents windows from finishing the runoneEx,,, when it reboot you are on the default desktop and it starts the loading of program from the keys that where placed in the RunOnceEx_980_ISP.cmd

I did figure out when you start the runoneEX it reads all the keys then keeps them somewhere else It deletes them as they finish,, I found this out cause I was deleting the keys after it read the keys and the commands where still being carried out... so it doesn't read one key at a time it scans and reads all the keys and puts them on a clipboard for that instannce of the rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess,,,, I looks like you can hand delete the last section of keys and put a whole new set in and it will still finish the last reading of keys even though they are gone.. so when you go rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess again it will read the new keys as a set..

Same rule about numbers .... do no overlap numbers...

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off
cls
TITLE Switching to Default User

ECHO.
ECHO Switching to Default User

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Switching to Default User" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\990 /VE /D "t" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\990 /V 1 /D "%XPCD%\~SIDefaultuser\~SIDefaultuser.cmd" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\990 /V 2 /D "%XPCD%\RunOnceEx_980_ISP.cmd" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\990 /V 3 /D "%XPCD%\EditRegister.cmd" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\990 /V 4 /D "%XPCD%\~SIDefaultuser\~SIDShutDownBlocker.cmd" /f

EXIT

The REG ADD %KEY%\990 /VE /D "t" /f is here for temp cause I'm still playing with the code and I'm not sure how I'm going to use it,,, I had to throw that in there for temp reasons,, with out it nothing was display for a popup window in that sections.. Just a place holder for now..

+++++++++++++++++++++++===

And I am sure there is probally a way to make the final window sizes all the same size so you will not see the windows underneath...

If all of my pop up runonEX windows are the same size then you will not see the window underneath cause they will all be stacked on top of each other,,,, and only the top window will be seen,,,