Adobe Reader speedup Registering MSCOMCTL32.OCX

urie

Hi im trying to install adobe reader speedup and i keep getting errors i have tried install visualbasic6 runtimes and i still get errors about mscomctl32.ocx so i am trying to copy it in my RunOnceEx.cmd and register it. Can any one help

REG ADD %KEY%\5025 /VE /D "Adobe Reader Speed Up" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\5025 /V 1 /D "CMD /C COPY \"%systemdrive%\Install\Ar-Speedup\MSCOMCTL32.OCX\" \"%systemroot%\system32\"" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\5025 /V 2 /D "CMD /C %SystemRoot%\System32\regsvr32.exe MSCOMCTL32.OCX" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\5025 /V 3 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Ar-Speedup\Reader_SpeedUp.exe" /f

Thanks

Urie

Or perhap's there's already a version of that ocx and it need's the /Y on the copy

REG ADD %KEY%\5025 /V 1 /D "CMD /C COPY \"%systemdrive%\Install\Ar-Speedup\MSCOMCTL32.OCX\" \"%systemroot%\system32\" /Y" /f

I installed that speedup and I don't see that file in my System32. Could it be MSCOMM32.OCX or mscomctl.ocx you need. If so and you doing silent make sure you add the /s

regsvr32.exe MSCOMM32.OCX /s

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, in my case I just copy MSCOMCTL.OCX to $OEM$\$$\SYSTEM32

(That way it gets copied to %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32 automatically)

Then I can use a command like the following in my install scripts:

regsvr32 /s %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\mscomctl.ocx

This makes the Speedup work, so I think in your case it is MSCOMCTL.OCX (in contrary to MSCOMCTL32.OCX), too...

(Works for any OCX, indeed, before anyone asks)

C.RAZY, thanks for the info i did manage to get it done like this.

REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /VE /D "Adobe Reader Speed Up" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C COPY \"%systemdrive%\Install\Ar-Speedup\MSCOMCTL32.OCX\" \"%systemroot%\system32\"" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "CMD /C %SystemRoot%\System32\regsvr32.exe /s MSCOMCTL32.OCX" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Ar-Speedup\Reader_SpeedUp.exe" /

your way is a lot simpler

• 1 year later...

[s]I am wondering how "REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V Inum /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Ar-Speedup\Reader_SpeedUp.exe" will work unattended?? There is no switch, do someone know a switch?[/s]

Ah, i have found in another thread. There is a file called deployment.ini inside the speedupmap and rewrite the enable=0 to enable=1 and it will work unattended :)

Edited by Solid as a rock