Doom3 Problems Ati 9600SE

Astalavista

Doom3.exe gives this error when started from outside of its game dir, check your shortcut, it could be faulty.

EDIT: Nevermind, just noticed on your screenshot that the pk4 files are found.

--

Pyron

I have a pentium4 2.4A, 1 meg cache

512 DDR 400

160 SATA

i get this error each time i launch Doom3.

I have already loaded the ati doom3 driver. but i still get this error.

pls help

I would Uninstall delete all entries of Doom out of reg, and then proceed to reinstall.

In regards tot eh drivers, unstall them within Safe mode and then install the most recent versions.

However i have noticed some inconsistancies in your hardware and some possiable casue for concern.

Number one

the a series of cpu did not have 1 meg of cache.

and the 9600se is aseverly downclocked version of the 9600 standard....which may or maynot play Doom3 alll that well...possibly barly above tolerabe

|Drew|

Sorry I dont have doom 3, so this may be completely urelated.

From personal experience with the Far Cry demo and a Radeon 9600 card, check that you disable "VPU Recover" in the advanced display properties/ATI control panel, even if this isnt the cause of this specific error, it can lead to a range of probs with games altering video settings and the ATI drivers reverting them again to mess everything up.

Sorry to be of no more help :unsure:

this occurs when doom3.exe it's called from a shortcut and the shortcut don't have a folder specified. try to run d3 from the main exe and if that not work reinstall d3, graphic drivers and directx9c... if that not work, back to store....