Disable the Windows Key tweak does not work on SP2

Sammy20

What key are you talking about?

A registry key, or a product key, or what? And at what stage of usage?

If this is related to being able to use WXP without a proper license for it, be aware that this topic will be closed.

I'm talking about the Windows Key on the Keyboard. That annoying stupid key, that interupts my gaming (accidently).

The tweak I used to disable it (see kelly xp tweak corner), does not work for me on Sp2. I puzzled and dont know what to do now. If someone could post a reg file of the tweak to disable the windows key that would be great.

Or even better, go to your local flea market or used computer parts store and find yourself the same keyboard I have. An old IBM metal interior keyboard that's indestructible and great to smash on while playing games since it weights so much, it's not going to move at all. Plus it doesn't have all that extra garbage like Internet Keys, Media Keys, Windows Keys... it's a TRUE 101-Key keyboard.

Keyboard01.gif

• 2 years later...
I've found a much better solution. A google search turned up this site [url="http://johnhaller.com/jh/useful_stuff/disable_windows_key/"]here[/url]. I've been using this on my system and it works quite well. No more hitting the windows key while you are in a game.

disable_both_windows_keys.reg
[code]Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]
"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,03,00,00,00,00,00,5B,E0,00,00,5C,E0,00,00,00,00[/code]

disable_left_windows_key.reg

"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,5B,E0,00,00,00,00[/code]

disable_right_windows_key.reg

"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,5C,E0,00,00,00,00[/code]

remove_scancode_mappings.reg

"Scancode Map"=-[/code]