SP2 Build 2180 Went Gold @ 10:08 PDT

FlyingHorse

It doesn't matter anyway really. Post all you want because it will do you no good but get you in trouble. The links to the downloadable service packs are password protected. If you were to provide a direct download link it wouldn't work because it would call for your beta information.

Because it is NOT available to the public yet.  It is only available to beta testers at the moment.

So you must be afraid of M$.

Strange.

Why would I be afraid of MS? I'm a beta tester for MS. If I was afraid, I wouldn't even use Windows. And if I didn't use Windows, I wouldn't be part of this forum! :)

Because it is NOT available to the public yet.  It is only available to beta testers at the moment.

So you must be afraid of M$.

Strange.

Why would I be afraid of MS? I'm a beta tester for MS. If I was afraid, I wouldn't even use Windows. And if I didn't use Windows, I wouldn't be part of this forum! :)

So if you're not afraid why don't you put the SP2 on some mirror and let somebody post the URL here?

Yes, we are afraid. We think about MSFN and about our regular members/visitors.

No links to SP2 RTM at MSFN yet.

Thanks

This isn't a link, right?

SP2 has just leaked to eDonkey ;-)

Yeah, torrent too.

I take issue with your policy of removing unauthorized links to Service Pack 2 people may post. This draconian strategy is unnecessary both politically and leagely.

You are breaking no Microsoft rules or any other rules by "helping to propagate" this Service Pack 2 release. Deleting links to bittorrents and even wares site where this update can be obtained serves no purpose. Indeed, unless the link is erronius, you are doing a disservice to this community.

/there, I used a lot of big words