Doom 1 in Doom 3!?

codeblue

There. I finished Doom 3 today. All in all it had me pretty hooked to my machine late each evening. Playing in a dark room with a head set sure makes it one scary mo-fo of a game.

Still, no sign of Doom95. I'm starting to wonder if this may actually be a joke. I'll give it a few more tries later on.

All in all I think the game is very well done and certainly worth your money. And whether you like this (type of) game or not, one will have to agree graphically the game is very well done.

i've found this today "in" google :P
How to boost your Doom3 performance by 40% on ATI hardware

Download this file:

http://esprit.campus.luth.se/~humus/temp/d...rmanceTweak.rar

Extract so that the shader file goes under doom3\base\glprogs. This replaces a dependent texture read with equivalent math, which runs better on ATI cards, but seems to run slower on NV boards, so only apply this if you got an ATI card.

Save the file and close your text editor. WinRar will ask if you want to update the file in the archive, select yes. Close WinRar and enjoy about 40% higher performance in Doom3. Haven't done extensive testing yet, but my performance went from 34fps in 1280x1024 to 48fps.
full discussion

only for 9700+

btw its 14% and was done by some guy who makes the ATI technology demo's you can find on the ATI website