IE home page

My internet explorer home page being change by some search tool, although i set it back into about:blank ; it still will change back by it own !!! teach me how to remove the page off my IE , this keep bothering me .. thanks you :)

If nothing else works, just delete all shortcuts/links leading to IE (even remove the desktop/quicklaunch/StartMenu icon for IE in XP), and do the below:

Make a new shortcut, and in the "target" (or location of item), type

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"  -nohome

(use whatever your path to %ProgramFiles% is).

That is the same as "Start >> Run" and entering "iexplore -nohome". The "-nohome" argument mentioned above does nothing else but load IE without bothering about home-page and all that. So, IE starts quicker as well. You could copy the shortcut you made above, to all the places from where you previously (as in para1) eliminated IE usage (by deleting the access points/shortcuts).

I hate all these spyware programs. I just got DSL and as soon as I rebooted my computer, I already had a search200 "search" bar on my IE, and it kept changinig the homepage to something like wegtsdfvs.com every 30 seconds. A lot of times, you need to go to the site that you know caused the problem, read through their privacy statement, and they will have a link to a software program that uninstalls the malicious adware.